This Farro Breakfast Bowl with Caramelized Peaches and Cinnamon Cashew Cream is a hearty, tasty way to start your day!
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Bob’s Red Mill. As always, all opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make The Beach House Kitchen possible.
Oh summer peaches…how do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
If my Crumble Peach Ice Cream wasn’t enough to satisfy your appetite for summer’s beautiful bounty of juicy peaches, this Farro Breakfast Bowl with Caramelized Peaches and Cinnamon Cashew Cream, will surely do the trick.
I’ve posted a few tasty farro recipes here at the BHK. My Farro, Corn and Tomato Salad, Farro Caprese Salad with Shrimp and my Baked Farro with Butternut Squash, Kale and Pancetta are all hits in the salad and main dish categories.
But I had yet to post one in the breakfast category.
Well, things are changing.
Let me introduce you to my summer breakfast of choice, this Farro Breakfast Bowl with Caramelized Peaches and Cinnamon Cashew Cream. And yes, it tastes as good as it sounds friends!
And who better to partner up with than my favorite, Bob’s Red Mill to bring you this delicious new breakfast bowl?
You know I love Bob’s products. Bob’s makes the world better with whole grains!
They offer one of the largest lines of organic, whole grain foods in the country. All of their products are certified Kosher and made with ingredients grown from non-GMO seeds. Natural means natural to Bob’s.
I’m hoping you’re not new to Bob’s Organic Farro. It’s a hearty, nutty grain that’s simple to cook and will keep you satisfied for hours. Each serving will provide 20% or more of the recommended daily value for fiber.
All the components of this bowl provide a nice substantial, tasty breakfast.
I’ve added some caramelized summer peaches because they’re my fave, but you could substitute apples, pears, nectarines, or any fruit that’s your favorite.
And that cashew cream!
So easy to whip up and such a smooth, rich, dairy-free addition to this bowl.
It’s a combination of only a few ingredients with a hint of cinnamon, that’s so totally fabulous. Add as much as you prefer to the bowl and save the rest as a dip for fresh fruit or to layer in parfaits.
A Few Cook’s Notes for Farro Breakfast Bowl with Caramelized Peaches and Cinnamon Cashew Cream Recipe:
I sweetened the cashew cream with two tablespoons of maple syrup. If you like yours sweeter, you can add a bit more.
A half a cup of water added to the cashew mixture was enough to reach a desired thickness for me. Feel free to add more to thin it out if you like. Always start with less and add more if desired.
You will have extra cashew cream, so just store in the refrigerator for up to five days. Perfect for fruit dip, parfaits or another farro breakfast bowl.
I guarantee this is one breakfast that will tickle your taste buds and satisfy your appetite for hours! Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup uncooked farro, rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups water
Cinnamon Cashew Cream
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup water, you can use more to reach your desired thickness
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup, you can add more/less to reach desired sweetness
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 4 peaches, peeled, halved, pitted and cut into chunks
- 2 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp. coarse salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- chopped pecans, walnuts or almonds, if desired
- Place rinsed farro in a medium saucepan. Add 1 1/2 cups water. The water should cover the grains. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 20 minutes or until just slightly chewy. Remove from heat. Drain off any excess liquid. Set aside.
Cinnamon Cashew Cream
- Soak the cashews for at least 2 hours, but as much as up to overnight. After soaking, drain and discard water.
- Place the soaked cashews, water, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon and salt in a blender and process for 1-2 minutes. You may add more water for a thinner consistency, if desired.
- In a medium bowl, toss peach chunks, lemon juice, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet, melt butter and brown sugar over medium-high heat. Add peach mixture and cook for 5-7 minutes, until caramelized.
Assembling Breakfast Bowl
- Place some farro in a bowl, top with some caramelized peaches and a dollop or two of cashew cream. Sprinkle with chopped pecans or your favorite nut, if desired.