This Easy Holiday Funfetti Sugar Cookie Skillet is just what we all deserve this holiday season! Sweet and chewy with loads of fun sprinkles!
2020 has been a tough year. So this year Santa doesn’t deserve a cookie or two on a plate with some milk. He deserves an entire cookie skillet! Am I right?!
The countdown is on, so time is at a premium, I get it. Hopefully all your shopping is done, but if you’ve still got wrapping to do, I’m thinking instead of scooping and/or rolling out cookies, a big, soft and chewy Easy Holiday Funfetti Sugar Cookie Skillet would be right up your alley!
This HUGE cookie is perfectly baked in a cast iron skillet. The skillet crisps the edges while keeping the center moist and chewy.
Easy Holiday Funfetti Sugar Cookie Skillet Ingredients
• unsalted butter
• light brown sugar
• granulated sugar
• vanilla extract
• all-purpose flour
• baking soda
• lots of sprinkles
You’ve probably already got all the ingredients in your fridge and pantry, so this one will be quick and easy to whip up. And it’s customizable for any holiday depending on the sprinkle colors you choose.
Treat Santa and yourself while you’re at it to this delicious cookie skillet with a tall glass of milk or my Nutella Hot Cocoa this Christmas Eve! You won’t be disappointed! Enjoy!
I hope you and your familes have a very Merry Christmas! Things are a bit different this year, but we’ll need to make the best of it and hope that 2021 has something better in store for us all. Stay safe!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Easy Holiday Funfetti Sugar Cookie Skillet Recipe:
I decorated my skillet cookie with some piped vanilla icing. You can make homemade icing or use store-bought. You can also go plain, no icing, and just serve warm, topped with ice cream.
As mentioned, you can use any kind of sprinkles. Customize the color of the sprinkles for the different holidays of the year.
Easy Holiday Funfetti Sugar Cookie SkilletPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 large egg plus 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup sprinkles, plus extra for decorating, if desired
- vanilla icing, for decorating, if desired
- vanilla ice cream, for serving, if desired
- Place rack in middle of oven and preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray the bottom and sides of a 10-inch cast iron skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar and beat with an electric mixer on medium-high until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the egg and extra egg yolk and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Add half of the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix on low speed until combined. Add the remaining half of the flour mixture and continue to mix until combined. Fold in the sprinkles until well distributed.
- Spread the dough into the prepared skillet, smoothing the top with a rubber spatula. Bake until the edges and center are set and lightly browned, about 25-30 minutes. Cool on a wire rack for 15-20 minutes. Decorate with vanilla icing or serve topped with vanilla ice cream.
Join the Conversation