This Creamy Garlic Broccoli Mushroom Pasta is a cozy, wintery pasta dish that’s perfect for a relaxing weekend in. Loaded with broccoli and mushrooms all in a creamy garlic sauce that’s to die for!
The weekend’s in sight guys, so I think it’s time to treat ourselves to some comfort food. This Creamy Garlic Broccoli Mushroom Pasta is what’s on our menu.
I made this for Tom and I a few weeks back and we both loved it. I always need to think before I add veggies to dishes because we all know Mr. Picky. Luckily, broccoli and mushrooms have always gotten the thumbs up.
And this garlic cream sauce? Holy mackerel, it’s smooth and incredibly ultra-creamy. Let’s say this dish is our reward for making it through the work week. And I don’t know about you folks, but I deserve each and every fork full. It’s been a crazy busy week.
What I love about this pasta dish is that it can be whipped up rather quickly and the ingredient list is short.
Creamy Garlic Broccoli Mushroom Pasta Ingredients
• broccoli florets
• sliced mushrooms
• dijon mustard
• chicken broth
• heavy cream
As if this dish isn’t easy enough you can make things even easier by grabbing a bag of broccoli florets and already sliced mushrooms from your local market. That’s what I do when I’m pressed for time.
Not a fan of broccoli and/or mushrooms? Substitute with the veggies you prefer. Perhaps some asparagus? Carrots? Peppers? Tomatoes? This comfort food dish is totally customizable!
I used a pasta called torcetti, but you could also use any medium shaped pasta. Maybe a penne or some farfalle? You choose. And to keep the sodium content down, I always use low-sodium chicken broth for my sauce.
I hope you guys give this dish a go. I just know you’re going to love that creamy garlic sauce. Stay warm and cozy and enjoy!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Creamy Garlic Broccoli Mushroom Pasta Recipe:
We enjoy our veggies with a bit of a bite, not soft and mushy, so I cooked the broccoli florets in a bit of butter, stirring often for about 4 minutes before adding the mushroom and continuing to cook for 2 minutes.
As I mentioned above, any medium sized pasta will do for this recipe. Penne, farfalle, malfalda or gemelli will all work perfectly.
- 6 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 8-oz. package sliced mushrooms
- 1 lb. pasta, I used torcetti pasta
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Add two tablespoons of butter to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the broccoli to the skillet and cook for four minutes, stirring often. Add the mushrooms and garlic and continue to cook for two minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cook the pasta in a pot of salted water al dente according to package directions. While the pasta is cooking, melt the remaining butter in a large pot over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and cook for one minute, stirring constantly. Whisk in the chicken broth until smooth. Add the heavy cream, mustard, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes and continue whisking until the sauce begins to thicken, about 8-10 minutes.Add the broccoli, mushrooms and drained pasta. Toss until well combined. Serve immediately with Parmesan cheese, if desired.