This Creamy Corn and Spinach Orzo is an easy homemade side dish that comes together in under 20 minutes! Perfect alongside a grilled steak, pork tenderloin or chicken. Hearty enough to be served as a main vegetarian dish too!
I don’t know about you guys, but I’m always looking for a way to take my side dish game up a notch. We get bored of the same old green beans, broccoli or tossed salad. And when a side dish can also double as a main dish, well all the better!
This Creamy Corn and Spinach Orzo is an 8 ingredient side that’s got fresh corn shucked right off the cob, baby spinach leaves, lots of garlic, nutty Parmesan, a hint of fresh lemon and my favorite and hopefully yours too, orzo pasta.
Creamy Corn and Spinach Orzo Ingredients
- orzo pasta
- fresh corn
- baby spinach leaves
- heavy cream
- Parmesan cheese
I’ve always been a fan of orzo pasta. If you’re a fan too, you also need to check out my French Onion Orzo and my Pan Seared Scallops with Orzo Piccata, two reader favorites here at the BHK. I’m always looking for ways to add it to recipes. Since orzo noodles are so small, they quickly soak up flavor making them the perfect addition for soups and salads too.
How to Make this Creamy Corn and Spinach Orzo
This dish couldn’t be simpler to throw together. First, you’ll cook your pasta according to the package directions and then drain and set aside.
Next up, sauté your corn in some butter for 3-4 minutes before adding your minced garlic. You will add your baby spinach leaves and cook for about 2 minutes just until they’re wilted.
At this point, you’ll stir in your orzo, heavy cream, grated Parmesan and lemon juice and cook until heated through. You can season with some salt and pepper and if you think your orzo mixture is too thick you can always thin it out with some chicken broth or water.
I think you will love this as a side or if you’re looking for a comforting vegetarian meal, this is it.
Please let me know if you give the recipe a try. And if you have any questions about the recipe, just drop a comment below. Enjoy!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Creamy Corn and Spinach Orzo
You can use fresh corn shucked right off the cob for this recipe. If you can’t find fresh you can use frozen.
Don’t skip the lemon juice here. It gives this dish a nice fresh lemony flavor without being overpowering.
More Delicious Side Dishes to Enjoy
Creamy Corn and Spinach OrzoPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 2 1/2 cups corn, shucked right off the cobb (about 4-5 ears)
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups baby spinach leaves, stems trimmed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook orzo pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté your corn in the butter for 3-4 minutes. Add the minced garlic and continue to cook for one minute. Add the baby spinach leaves and cook for about 2 minutes just until they're wilted.
- Stir in your orzo, heavy cream, grated Parmesan and lemon juice and simmer on low until heated through. You can season with some salt and pepper and if you think your orzo mixture is too thick you can thin it out with some chicken broth or water.
Join the Conversation