This Cheesy Queso Fiesta Rice is sure to tickle your taste buds! It’s creamy, cheesy and full of zesty flavor!
Monday’s deserve something with a little extra zing, don’t they?
I don’t know about you folks, but Mondays seem to drag, so when it comes time for dinner I need a little something special to add some pep to my step.
And this Cheesy Queso Fiesta Rice is a game changer when it comes to rice side dishes.
It’s super creamy and cheesy and perfect as a side for tacos, fajitas, chicken, fish or just about anything really. And it’s ready and on your table in roughly 30 minutes.
It’s a simple combination of rice, some red and yellow bell peppers, onions, jalapenos, garlic, salsa and of course the star of the show, some delicious cheesy queso.
This is one comfort food rice side dish everyone at the table will love.
Guaranteed, you’ll never want to eat plain rice again. Enjoy!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Cheesy Queso Fiesta Rice Recipe:
You can seed your jalapeño or leave the seeds in for a spicier taste. Do whatever you prefer.
I know some people don’t like the flavor of cilantro, so if you’re not a fan, just omit.
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup queso cheese dip, I use Pancho's Original Queso
- 1 large jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion, peppers and salt and cook for three minutes, stirring often. Add the rice and garlic and cook for an additional two minutes, stirring often. Add the chicken broth and salsa and bring to a boil. Once the mixture starts boiling, lower the heat and simmer, covered until rice is tender, about 18 minutes. Add the Pancho's Original Queso and chopped jalapenos and mix until well combined. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until heated through. Squeeze in the lime juice and top with the chopped cilantro, if desired.