This Tropical Green Twist Smoothie is healthy and delicious! Loaded with kale and tropical fruits, it makes for the perfect breakfast treat or afternoon snack!
Well, how was everyone’s Easter?? Was the Easter Bunny good to you? Did you eat one too many chocolate bunnies? Perhaps a Cadbury creme egg…..or ten?? I was actually on my best behavior! No over doing it for me this year, but for all of you who were a little naughty this Easter, I’ve got your back! Today, I’m sharing this Tropical Green Twist Smoothie. It’s loaded with lots of delicious, healthy ingredients like kale, pineapple, mango, strawberries and chia seeds that will help get you back on track in no time!
Now, don’t turn your nose up at the “k” word. I have been enjoying kale in my smoothies for years. I’ll be honest though, before I tried my first one, I was a little skeptical. I mean, I love kale in my salad or sauteed with a little garlic and olive oil but drinking it through a straw? I wasn’t quite sure. But since raw kale happens to be one of the most nutrient dense plant foods on the planet, I decided I definitely needed to give one a try. A single cup of kale is packed with Vitamin A, C, K, and B6 along with calcium and potassium. It’s also very high in beta-carotene and powerful antioxidants.
Have I convinced you yet?! Come on guys, as the saying goes…kale is king! Go for it! It’s a tasty breakfast treat or afternoon snack that I know you’re going to love. Enjoy! Hope you all have a great week.
Tropical Green Twist SmoothiePrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2 cups packed stemmed kale
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup strawberries diced
- 1/2 cup mango chunks
- 1 cup orange juice I use Trop 50 for fewer calories
- 2 Tbsp. honey plus 1 extra tablespoon for rim of glass (if desired)
- 1 tsp. chia seeds plus some extra for rim of glass if desired
- 2 cups ice cubes
- Toasted coconut chips for garnish if desired
- Pour a tablespoon of honey onto a small plate. Dip the top of your serving glasses in honey to coat the rims.
- Pour a tablespoon of chia seeds onto a plate. Dip the honey-dipped glasses into the chia seeds to coat the rims.
- Combine kale, pineapple, strawberries, mango, OJ, honey, chia seeds and ice cubes in blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into prepared glasses and serve.
Join the Conversation