This make-at-home Sweet and Sour Chicken is a tangy dish that never, ever disappoints! It’s better than takeout!
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Tony Chachere’s Famous Creole Cuisine. As always, all opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make The Beach House Kitchen possible.
I have been dying to share this recipe and video guys!
This Sweet and Sour Chicken is the fourth recipe in a series of six that I’ve created with the help of my good friends from Tony Chachere’s and it’s absolutely delicious. You’ll have no problem whatsoever giving up takeout and making this drool-worthy dish at home. Guaranteed!
Their newest line of salad dressings continues to knock my socks off.
No need to stop solely at topping your salads with them. They’ve got endless possibilities!
If you missed my Tony’s Baked Cheeseburger Sliders you seriously NEED to check them out. The secret ingredient was Tony’s French Dressing for the special sauce, which makes them absolute winners!
And back in March I shared some totally tasty Chicken Skewers with a Bacon Ranch Coleslaw using their Ranch Dressing. Perfect for your summer grilling menu. If you’ve never thought to add ranch dressing to your coleslaw, it’s a game changer. Tony’s Ranch Dressing is a flavorful blend of rich buttermilk and peppercorns. It turns regular old cole slaw into a flavor-packed side.
Years ago, I tried a sweet and sour chicken that a good friend made using a French dressing and I loved it. So I knew if I used Tony’s French Dressing to create a sweet and sour sauce, it would not disappoint.
Talk about a simple sauce that’s low on effort and ingredients, yet packed with tremendous flavor! This is one dish I can’t wait for you folks to try!
Over the last few months, most of us have been spending more time at home cooking in the kitchen instead of dining out. It’s easy to enjoy delicious meals at home with pantry staples and fresh, healthy veggies without breaking the bank.
This Sweet and Sour Chicken uses simple, budget friendly ingredients. It’s a hearty dinner that’s sure to satisfy.
You’ll toss the chicken in cornstarch, then egg and flour before you fry it until it’s golden brown. Then you’ll sauté the red and green bell peppers and onions just until crisp before adding the sauce and the sweet, juicy pineapple chunks along with the crispy chicken.
This dish is sure to tickle your taste buds and please everyone at the table. Enjoy!
Check out the VIDEO below to see how to prepare this SUPER scrumptious dish for your family!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Sweet and Sour Chicken Recipe:
I love my veggies crisp, so I only sauté them for 2-3 minutes.
We enjoy our sweet and sour chicken with a side of white rice and a little sprinkle of sesame seeds.
Sweet and Sour ChickenPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 3/4 cup Tony Chachere's French Dressing
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into one-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, plus more as needed
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 green pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 medium, yellow onion, cut into chunks
- 1 8-oz. can pineapple chunks, drained
- 2 tsp. sesame seeds, for sprinkling, if desired
Sweet and Sour Sauce
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients for sweet and sour sauce. Whisk together until well blended. Set aside.
- Add cornstarch to a large plastic storage bag. Add chunks of chicken and toss until well coated.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the three eggs to a small bowl and whisk. Add the flour to another small bowl. First dip the chicken pieces into the egg and then into the flour. Add some of the chicken pieces to the skillet and cook for about 3 minutes, flipping each piece halfway thru, until cooked through and lightly browned. Continue to cook until all chicken pieces have been cooked, adding more vegetable oil as needed. Remove all chicken with tongs to a large platter.
- Add the red and green bell pepper chunks and onions to the skillet and cook until just crisp, about 2-3 minutes, stirring often. Add the sweet and sour sauce and cook 1-2 minutes. Add the chicken and pineapple and toss until well coated. Cook until the sauce is thickened.
- Before serving, sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired. Serve immediately. I like to serve with steamed white rice.
Join the Conversation