Grilling season will be here soon, so you NEED to get these easy Chicken Skewers and Bacon Ranch Cole Slaw on the menu!
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Tony Chachere’s Famous Creole Cuisine. As always, all opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make The Beach House Kitchen possible.
The first full week of March is already behind us, can you believe it?
This time of year always gets me so excited. I know there will still be a few chilly days we’ll have to endure and perhaps a few final snowflakes, but the promise of spring in a few short weeks (and then my favorite SUMMER!) just puts a smile on my face.
So if you’re a regular follower of the blog and of my IG account, you know that I’ve been enjoying this winter in sunny Florida. It hasn’t been too shabby, I have to say. I actually don’t mind the cold really, but since I’m a summer girl at heart, being down here in beautiful Florida has been like getting to enjoy the gift of summer a little early this year.
We’ve been taking advantage of the beautiful fruits and veggies and we’ve gotten a huge jump on grilling season.
I’m sharing today’s Chicken Skewers with Bacon Ranch Cole Slaw with the help of my good friends from Tony Chachere’s Creole Cuisine. You guys know what a fan I am of Tony’s products. They’ve been a staple in my kitchen for years, and today’s recipe is the first in a year long partnership with Tony’s in 2020, so get ready for some serious Creole goodness heading your way!
Their products are not only top quality, but they make serving a delicious dinner for my family super simple. One of the things I love about Tony’s is that they’re always adding new products to their line too.
I’ve used three of their products for today’s recipe. Tony’s Creole Style Chicken 30 Minute Marinade, their Original Creole Seasoning and their brand spankin’ new Creole Style Ranch Salad Dressing.
It was the first time I tried the ranch salad dressing and WOW! I love it! It’s a fantastic flavor blend of rich buttermilk and peppercorns. It turns regular old cole slaw into a flavor-packed side that goes perfectly with these delicious chicken, pepper and onion skewers.
The skewers couldn’t be easier. I simply marinate the chicken pieces in Tony’s marinade for 30 minutes, then thread onto the skewers with some fresh chunks of yellow and green peppers and onion. And while the chicken is marinating, I whip up the cole slaw.
The slaw is a yummy, zesty combination of red and green cabbage, carrots, green pepper, red onion, bacon, golden raisins and a bit of granulated sugar for sweetness and then it’s all tossed with Tony’s Creole Style Ranch Dressing.
I think once you try this version, you’ll have a hard time going back to plain old cole slaw. The Creole ranch gives it a creamy, tasty flavor that’s sure to tickle your taste buds.
So next time Mother Nature decides to send some warmer spring weather your way, it’s time to break out the grill and give these chicken skewers and slaw a go. I hope they become a spring and summer fave! Enjoy!
A few other favorites for grilling season are my Jamaican Jerk Seasoning and my Baked Three Bean Casserole.
A Few Cook’s Notes for Chicken Skewers with Bacon Ranch Cole Slaw Recipe:
I like to serve the skewers and slaw with some of Tony’s Original Creole Seasoning for sprinkling. I literally use it on everything as a flavor enhancer. My family loves it.
You can use any kind of veggies on your skewers, Red, yellow, green or orange peppers, yellow onion or red onion, zucchini…whatever are your favorites.
I grill my skewers for about 4-5 minutes per side. Just until the chicken is no longer pink inside.
Chicken Skewers with Bacon Ranch Cole SlawPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
Bacon Ranch Cole Slaw
- 10 slices bacon, chopped
- 4 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded
- 2 carrots, about 1 cup, shredded
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup Tony Chachere's Ranch Dressing
- 1 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. celery seed
- 2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup Tony Chachere's Creole Style Chicken Marinade
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large yellow pepper, cut into one-inch cubes
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into chunks
Bacon Ranch Cole Slaw
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, cook bacon until crispy. Remove from skillet with slotted spoon to paper towel-lined plate. Set aside.
- Add the shredded green and red cabbage, shredded carrot, green pepper, red onion, and reserved bacon to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Tony Chachere's Ranch Dressing, granulated sugar, celery seed and pepper until well blended. Toss the cabbage mixture with the dressing until well combined. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least two hours or overnight.
- Add the chicken cubes and Tony's Creole Style Chicken Marinade to a large bowl. Toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator to marinate for one hour.
- When you're ready to cook the chicken, heat your grill to medium-high heat. Remove chicken from refrigerator and thread chicken cubes, peppers and onions on skewers. Spray your grill lightly with nonstick cooking spray. Place the skewers on the grill and cook for about 4-5 minutes per side, turning once, or until the chicken is no longer pink inside and cooked through. Remove from the grill and place on a platter to serve with the cole slaw in a serving bowl on the side.
Join the Conversation