These Strawberry Mousse Cups are smooth and creamy, and a sweet and simple spring dessert!
Hi folks! Happy Saturday!
It’s been quite a while since I’ve dropped in for a Simple Saturday, but today I’m tying it into a special event! A Virtual Baby Shower for my friend Katherine from Love in my Oven!
Since Katherine will be having a little girl, I channeled all things pink AND spring with today’s recipe! These Strawberry Mousse Cups are sweet, simple and they give me all the heart eyes for the new season ahead!
Talk about an easy dessert too. A mere handful of ingredients, fresh, ripe strawberries, heavy cream, freshly squeezed lemon juice, confectioners’ sugar and a smidge of vanilla extract, and you’ll be serving up a delicious spring dessert in no time! Enjoy!
Just scroll down to just below the recipe where you’ll see all my fellow bloggers who’ve shared a special recipe to celebrate Katherine and her baby-girl-to-be!! Congrats Katherine, Etienne and the boys!
Strawberry Mousse CupsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 4 cups ripe strawberries, washed, hulled, halved and pureed until smooth
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/3 cup heavy cream, chilled
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Extra berries for garnish
- Place pureed strawberries, confectioners' sugar and lemon juice in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring often until mixture reduces to about 3/4 cup. Set aside to cool completely.
- Add heavy cream and vanilla extract to a large mixing bowl. Beat with a hand mixer until firm peaks form. Fold the cooled strawberry mixture into the cold whipped cream with a rubber spatula until well blended. Spoon mixture into small cups or dishes. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. Garnish with a fresh strawberry.
Meet our guest of honor: Katherine! Katherine blogs over at Love In My Oven and is the proud momma to two boys and a soon-to-arrive baby girl!!
You don’t need to know Katherine to join in the fun, just enjoy all of the pink themed recipes the bloggers are bringing to the party! Scroll down to see what the bloggers are sharing, and click on the links to hop over to their blogs to check their recipe out.
7-UP RASPBERRY PINK PUNCH from Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats
BEET GOAT CHEESE PHYLLO ROLLS from Looney For Food
YUM YUM SHRIMP WONTON CUPS from Give it Some Thyme
ROASTED BEET AND GOAT CHEESE PASTA from Robust Recipes
PRETTY IN PINK PARTY MIX from Tiny Kitchen Capers
ROASTED BEET AND WHITE BEAN HUMMUS from Crumb Top Baking
IT’S A GIRL BABY SHOWER CAKE from The Sugar Coated Cottage
MELTING MOMENTS COOKIES WITH RASPBERRY BUTTERCREAM from Sugar Salt Magic
ROSE RASPBERRY LYCHEE CUPCAKES from Sift & Simmer
VANILLA GLAZED BAKED DONUTS from Girl Heart Food
CHOCOLATE ROSE TRUFFLES from The Love of Cakes
PRETTY IN PINK PARFAITS from Six Snippets
STRAWBERRY CREAM PUFFS from The Itsy-Bitsy Kitchen
STRAWBERRY ROSE CAKE DONUTS from Ben’s Havoc in the Kitchen
NO CHURN STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM from Kitchen@Hoskins
STRAWBERRY SCONES from 31 Daily
RASPBERRY MOUSSE BROWNIE TRIFLE from Better With Biscuits
STRAWBERRY LEMONADE CUPCAKES from Nourish and Fete
VANILLA DONUTS WITH PINK GLAZE from Sweet Little Baker
STRAWBERRY SOUFFLÉS WITH FRESH STRAWBERRIES from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
NO CHURN STRAWBERRY SHORT CAKE ICE CREAM from The Baking Chocolatess
Join the Conversation