This Southwest Chicken Salad with Chipotle Vinaigrette is a MUST for your summer menu folks! It’s packed with chicken, two kinds of beans, corn, tomatoes, red onion and LOADS of flavor!
Bold & Tasty Southwest Chicken Salad with Chipotle Vinaigrette
Summer and salads go hand and hand at our house. How bout yours?
And the more loaded they are, the more popular they’ll be.
Take for instance today’s Southwest Chicken Salad with Chipotle Vinaigrette.
HELLO bold and tangy flavor!
This is one of our go-to’s this summer!
It’s jam-packed with shredded rotisserie chicken, two kinds of beans, black and pinto, tomatoes, corn and red onion and it’s all dressed in the BEST chipotle vinaigrette! You’re going to want to make this dressing over and over this summer, I know it! It’s that good!
The chipotle dressing has got some red wine vinegar for tang, a chipotle pepper in adobo sauce for added heat and some honey for sweetness. And to the salad I add some roasted, salted pepita seeds for crunch and some crumbled Cotija cheese for a little salty flavor.
Southwest Chicken Salad Ingredients
- shredded rotisserie chicken
- black beans
- pinto beans
- cherry or grape tomatoes
- red onion
- roasted, salted pepitas
- Cotija cheese
Chipotle Vinaigrette Dressing Ingredients
- vegetable oil
- red wine vinegar
- chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- lime juice
- kosher salt and pepper
If you’re lookin’ to spice things up, this salad is for you. Hope you guys give the recipe a try! Enjoy!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Southwest Chicken Salad with Chipotle Vinaigrette
I use roasted, salted pepitas for this recipe. You can also use sunflower seeds instead.
Use as much dressing as you prefer on this salad. I used the entire serving.
You can use fresh or canned corn for this recipe. If using fresh, you can shuck it right from the cob and add it to the salad or you can cook the ears for three minutes in a pot of boiling water first.
More Delicous Summer Salad Recipes to Enjoy
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil, I use Crisco Vegetable Oil
- 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
Southwest Chicken Salad
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 15.5 oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15.5 oz. can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups small cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup corn, canned or fresh
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup pepitas, roasted and salted
- 1/3 cup Cotija cheese, crumbled
- Place all ingredients in a small food processor or blender and puree until smooth. Pour into a jar and set aside.
Southwest Chicken Salad
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl. Toss well with the chipotle dressing. Serve immediately.