This Grilled Asparagus Salad is a simple summer salad that makes for a perfect side for anything you grill up this summer!
Hey there folks! How was everyone’s 4th of July?
Due to social distancing, this 4th of July was a little different for all of us. A little more low key, right? But I’m not complaining. I really enjoyed it.
Hoping you all enjoyed some beautiful weather and of course some delicious food. We enjoyed some time on the water and afterwards, some fabulous food on the grill.
For us, there’s nothing better than hanging out in the yard with family, grilling up our favorites all summer long.
I whipped up this crazy delicious Grilled Asparagus Salad with Tomatoes and Feta for the first time a few weeks back, but it surely won’t be the last time.
I LOVE asparagus. And grilled asparagus is the way to go.
This Grilled Asparagus Salad has somewhat of a Mediterranean flair.
The asparagus is combined with tomatoes, Kalamata olives, cucumbers, red onion, feta then tossed in a light vinaigrette and finally sprinkled with some crunchy pine nuts.
This one is a summer salad winner! Enjoy!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Grilled Asparagus Salad Recipe:
I use a homemade light, lemony vinaigrette for this salad. It’s a combo of only a handful of ingredients, so it’s super simple. You could also grab a light vinaigrette from your market if you are feeling a bit lazy. No judgement here!
I use an English cucumber because the seeds are a lot small than a regular cucumber, but either work fine.
I used Campari tomatoes, but you can use whatever tomatoes are your favorite.
Grilled Asparagus SaladPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs. asparagus, ends trimmed
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5 Campari tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 3/4 cup English cucumber, cut into 1/4-inch slices and then sliced in half
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced in half
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- Whisk together the first 7 ingredients. Slowly drizzle in olive oil while whisking until well combined. Set aside.
- Place the asparagus on a baking sheet and toss with the olive oil and salt and pepper. Spray the grill with nonstick cooking spray. Place the asparagus on the grill over high heat and grill until tender and lightly charred, about 5-6 minutes. Remove from the grill. When slightly cooled, cut into two-inch pieces.In a large bowl, combine the asparagus with the tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, olives and feta. Toss with some of the vinaigrette dressing until all ingredients are well coated. Sprinkle with pine nuts. Serve immediately
Join the Conversation