This Slow Cooker Honey Chipotle Chicken is one of those low-effort, minimal ingredient dishes that’s perfect for when it’s too hot to turn on the oven. It’s perfect added to a salad bowl or for Taco Tuesday!
Hey there folks! Hope y’all had an awesome 4th of July?
Are temps starting to heat up in your neck of the woods like they are here?
Time to turn off the oven and get that slow cooker goin’??
I’m all about whipping out the slow cooker during the summer months. I mean why heat up the whole house if the slow cooker can do the job, right?
The Easiest Slow Cooker Honey Chipotle Chicken
This Slow Cooker Honey Chipotle Chicken is one of those low-effort, minimal ingredient recipes that’s just perfect for your next Taco Tuesday!
This moist and juicy, flavor-bomb chicken is fabulous added to tacos or salad bowls. You’ll simply whisk together the ingredients for the honey chipotle sauce and pour it over your chicken breasts in your slow cooker and cook away.
Slow Cooker Honey Chipotle Chicken Ingredients
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
- light brown sugar
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- salt and pepper
The chicken will need to cook on low for just about three hours, or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Remove the breasts from the slow cooker once they’re done and shred with two forks.
I like to thicken the sauce a bit with two tablespoons of cornstarch. So before you put the shredded chicken back into the slow cooker, just whisk the cornstarch with two tablespoons of water in a small bowl. Add this mixture back to the liquid in the cooker and whisk together. Cover the slow cooker and cook for another 15 minutes until the sauce thickens. Add your chicken back in and toss until it’s well coated and serve.
I’ve got some delicious recipes headed your way soon to go along with this chicken… one for a tasty Arroz Verde and one for homemade Pickled Red Onions so you can create your own epic Honey Chipotle Chicken Bowls. Stay tuned!
Please let me know if you give the recipe a try. And if you have any questions about the recipe, just drop a comment below. Enjoy!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Slow Cooker Honey Chipotle Chicken
I added three chipotle peppers with two tablespoons of the adobo sauce which I thought gave the sauce the right amount of heat for our taste. If you like things spicier, add another pepper or two.
You will need 2 lbs. of boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Mine came out to five breasts.
As mentioned above, the chicken is delicious in tacos with cheese and other taco fixings or in a bowl with veggies and rice.
More Delicious Slow Cooker Recipes to Enjoy
Slow Cooker Honey Chipotle ChickenPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 chipotle peppers, with two tablespoons of adobo sauce from one small 7-oz. can
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. water
- Spray your slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Add the chicken breasts arranging in an even layer.
- Add the chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, honey, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic and onion powders, salt and pepper to a small food processor and process until smooth. Pour the mixture over the chicken. Cover and cook on low for 3 hours or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker to a large baking sheet and shred with two forks. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the cornstarch with two tablespoons of water. Add this mixture back to the liquid in the cooker and whisk together. Cover the slow cooker and cook for another 15 minutes until the sauce thickens. Add your chicken back in and toss until it's well coated and serve.
Join the Conversation