This Slow Cooker Beef and Noodles is a soul-satisfying winter meal that the whole family will enjoy. Only 20 minutes of prep and then it’s one of those set it and forget it meals that your family will request again and again!
When I asked a few weeks back what type of meals you guys would be looking for this year, comfort food and slow cooker meals were high on the list.Both are quite popular here, so I’ll be dishing up some deliciousness in both categories in the next few months.
First up, my Slow Cooker Beef and Noodles.
I mean who doesn’t love a slow cooker meal? Tom’s a huge fan because his mom made them all the time when he was growing up.
And I’m a fan because it’s one of those meals that’s just a set it and forget it kinda meal. It’s dinner made super easy. And of course, super delicious.
Tom loves this one because it’s beef which ranks high up on his list of favorites. And it’s got mushrooms and onions, a veggie combination he never tires of.
Slow Cooker Beef and Noodles Ingredients
- beef chuck roast
- all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper
- vegetable oil
- yellow onion
- beef broth
- sliced mushrooms
- wide egg noodles
- dried parsley
I love to use a boneless beef chuck roast that I cut into cubes. I sear the cubes first in a skillet and brown the onions before adding to the slow cooker. Then just add it all to the cooker with some beef broth, mushrooms and thyme and cook on high for about four hours until the meat is nice and tender.
Thirty minutes before serving, I add the egg noodles and turn the cooker to low.
I thought I would be tempted to add a bit of sour cream or maybe thicken up the sauce with a bit of flour, but we really enjoyed it as is.
This is one cozy meal for the fall and winter months. It’s a winner for those busy weeknights, but also perfect for those lazy weekends.
Please let me know if you give the recipe a try. And if you have any questions about the recipe, just drop a comment below. Enjoy!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Slow Cooker Beef and Noodles
I like to use a boneless chuck roast for this recipe, but you could also buy beef cubes from your local meat market.
If you’re not a fan of mushrooms you could just omit them from the recipe.
More Delicious Slow Cooker Meals to Enjoy
Slow Cooker Beef and NoodlesPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 2 lb. boneless beef chuck roast, trimmed of fat and cut into small cubes (you can also use 2 lbs. beef stew meat, cubed)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups beef broth
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 2 tsp. dried thyme
- 12 oz. bag wide egg noodles
- 2 tsp. dried parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pat the roast dry with a paper towel. Trim the fat and cut into small cubes. Place the flour in a medium bowl. Toss the cubes in the flour. In a large Dutch oven, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the meat and season with the salt and pepper. Brown the meat on all sides. Remove the meat from the pan to a plate. Set aside.Add the onions to the pan and cook over medium heat until tender and lightly browned, about 5-7 minutes. Add the garlic and continue to cook for one more minute.
- Turn the slow cooker onto high and add the meat, onions, beef broth, mushrooms and thyme. Cook for 4 hours or until the meat is tender. Then turn the slow cooker to low and add the egg noodles and parsley. Cook for an additional 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately in bowls.
Join the Conversation