This Sesame Noodles recipe is sweet, spicy and deliciously easy. Better than takeout! Perfect for your weeknight family dinner or date night in!
Updated: This post was first published here in December 2015. I decided it was worthy of a reshare because it is a super popular recipe here at the BHK. I’ve added new content, photos and notes to the post below.
Hello friends! How was everyone’s New Year’s holiday? Whether you celebrated with family and friends or solo, I hope you folks enjoyed yourselves.
I am beyond excited for 2022 here at the BHK. I’ve got lots of deliciousness in store for y’all, so aprons on and let’s get cookin’!
I’ll be sharing a ton of new recipes here this year, but I’ll also be sprinkling in a few oldies but goodies. Recipes that some of you guys might have missed, but that others have really enjoyed, like today’s bold and tasty Sesame Noodles.
The Best Easy Sesame Noodles
Have you guys ever tried sesame noodles? I have to say they’re a favorite of mine. When I want to treat myself to something special for lunch instead of the usual sandwich or salad these sesame noodles are my go-to treat. They’re so easy to make and perfect for family weeknight dinners or even date night in.
The sweet taste of the honey, the tangy flavor of the rice vinegar, the nutty taste of the peanut butter and toasted sesame seeds and the spicy taste of the Sriracha make for an absolutely delicious sauce. I like to make mine with either spaghetti or linguine. I use Sriracha to spice up my sauce, but if you don’t have Sriracha you can also use Tabasco.
Sesame Noodle Ingredients
- fresh ginger
- creamy peanut butter
- soy sauce
- rice vinegar
- dark sesame oil
- canola oil
- spaghetti or linguine
- kosher salt
- toasted sesame seeds
If you haven’t tried this recipe yet, I hope you give it a go! If you have any questions about the recipe, just reach out in the comments below. Enjoy!
Thanks again for following along here at the BHK. Looking forward to bringing you guys a tasty 2022!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Sesame Noodles
You can use white toasted sesame seeds or a combination of black and white. You’ll find them in the spice section at your local market by McCormick.
As mentioned, to give this dish some spice, you can use sriracha or tabasco and you can add as much or as little as you prefer.
I made this recipe with linguine, but it also works with spaghetti.
More Delicious Pasta Recipes to Enjoy
Creamy Garlic Broccoli Mushroom Pasta
Fettuccine Alfredo with Asparagus and Crispy Prosciutto
Ramen Noodle Salad with Honey Sesame Dressing
Sesame NoodlesPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2 Tbsp. grated fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. regular soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tsp. Sriracha
- 2 Tbsp. dark sesame oil, divided
- 3 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 16 oz. package spaghetti or linguine
- kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup scallions, thinly sliced
- Place grated ginger, garlic cloves, peanut butter, honey, soy sauce, rice vinegar, Sriracha, 1 Tbsp. sesame oil and canola oil in the bowl of a food processor. Process until smooth. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions until just tender.
- Set aside 1 cup of the water from the pot. Drain the noodles.
- Add the 1 cup of noodle water to the mixture in the food processor. Process until well blended.
- Place cooked noodles in a large bowl and toss with the remaining 1 Tbsp. sesame oil.
- Add the sauce from the food processor and toss until all noodles are totally coated.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Toss lightly.
- Top with scallions.
Join the Conversation