This creamy, indulgent Fettuccine Alfredo with Asparagus and Crispy Prosciutto is a classic Italian dish that’s worth every delicious calorie! It’s the perfect dish for date night in.
I know, I know. It’s bathing suit season, but I just couldn’t resist sharing one of my all time favorite pasta dishes with you guys! One bite and you’ll forgive me! I guarantee it.
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
This is an absolutely indulgent dish that comes together in no time.
It’s a quick and easy dinner recipe that’s perfect for date night in.
You’ll only need a handful of ingredients too.
If someone asked me to name my favorite pasta dish, I would immediately respond Fettuccine Alfredo, no hesitation at all. While this is my favorite Italian pasta dish, it’s not one I indulge in often. It’s a treat. It’s super rich, but worth every stinkin’ calorie on the plate. So, I have to run a mile or two extra on the treadmill. It’s a mile or two that’s totally worth the creamy, dreamy taste of this Fettuccine Alfredo with Asparagus and Crispy Prosciutto.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- grated Parmesan cheese
You see how I added some deliciously healthy asparagus to this pasta? It’s a little trick. It makes me think the dish is a bit healthier. Don’t you love how my mind works? I can always find ways to make myself feel better about treating myself to things I know I actually deserve when it comes right down to it. We all deserve a decadent meal every now and then right?
And then I add some crispy prosciutto to push the flavor of this dish right over the top. Have you ever tried crispy prosciutto?? OMG…total game changer guys! If you’ve never tried it definitely give it a go, because you’re going to LOVE it. It takes minutes to bake in the oven and adds such wonderful flavor to any dish.
First, you’ll need to cook your prosciutto slices in your oven until they’re nice and crispy.
Next up will be to cook your pasta in salted water, adding in the asparagus for the last 2 1/2 minutes. You’ll drain and set aside.
While the pasta is cooking you will make your alfredo sauce. You’ll combine 1 1/2 cups of your heavy cream and butter over medium heat until the butter is melted and the mixture thickens somewhat, then you’ll add in your nutmeg and salt and pepper to taste.
You’ll add your cooked pasta and asparagus to the alfredo sauce and then stir in the remaining heavy cream and the Parmesan cheese and toss until everything is well coated.
Serve in bowls topped with some of the crispy prosciutto and extra Parmesan cheese.
I hope this Fettuccine Alfredo with Asparagus and Crispy Prosciutto becomes one of your favorites too.
Please let me know if you give the recipe a try. And if you have any questions about the recipe, just drop a comment below. Enjoy!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Fettuccine Alfredo with Asparagus and Crispy Prosciutto
If you’re not a fan of asparagus you can omit.
The crispy prosciutto is irresistible, so I wouldn’t skip that.
More Delicious Italian Recipes to Enjoy
- 1 3 oz. package of sliced prosciutto
- 2 9 oz. packages fresh fettuccine
- 1 1/4 lb. asparagus cut into one inch pieces
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 12 Tbsp. butter
- pinch of nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated parmesan
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Lay slices of prosciutto flat on parchment and bake for 13-15 minutes Transfer to paper towel lined plate to drain. Set aside.
- Cook fettuccine in salted water according to package directions, adding the asparagus the last 2 1/2 minutes of cooking. Drain. While pasta is cooking, combine 1 1/2 cups heavy cream and butter in a large pot and cook over low heat until butter melts and mixture thickens. Add nutmeg and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked pasta and asparagus and toss. Add remaining heavy cream and parmesan cheese and toss again until well coated. Serve immediately in bowls and top with crumbled crispy prosciutto. Serve with extra grated parmesan, if desired.