These Raspberry Pistachio Magic Bars are a stepped up version of the classic bar! Sweet, salty with a pop of fresh fruit and just plain DELISH!
I don’t know about you guys, but over the years I’ve had my share of magic cookie bars.
Have you heard of them?
You know, the bar with the chocolate chips, coconut and nuts drizzled with sweetened condensed milk all atop a buttery graham cracker crust?
Well, today I’m stepping up the magic cookie bar with my own little version!
Let’s start from the bottom up, shall we?
I opted to swap out the graham cracker crust for a delicious, slightly salty pretzel crust, because pretzels are a food group at our house.
Then I topped the crust with a totally scrumptious combination of white and semisweet chocolate chips, unsweetened shredded coconut, pistachios and here’s the kicker, fresh raspberries!
My version is perfect for summer! The raspberries really give the classic bar that added pop of flavor.
This is one dessert that’s sure to tickle your tastebuds folks! Sweet, salty and just plain DELISH! Enjoy!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Raspberry Pistachio Magic Bars Recipe:
The pistachio/raspberry combination is one of my faves, but if you have another favorite nut, feel free to substitute.
I used a combo of semisweet and white chocolate chips. I love the two different kinds together, but you could use just one or substitute milk chocolate for the semisweet, if desired.
- 2 cups finely crushed pretzel crumbs
- 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 10 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup pistachios, shelled and roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup unsweentened shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries
- 1 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk, (I use Eagle brand)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Srapy a 9x9-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray. Line with parchment paper, then lightly spray the parchment.
- In a medium bowl, combine pretzel crumbs and sugar. Mix until combined. Add melted butter and mix together with a fork until well blended. Press crumb mixture firmly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle crust with white chocolate and semisweet chocolate chips, pistachios and coconut. Sprinkle with the raspberries, crushing each one a bit with your fingers before adding. Drizzle the sweentened condensed milk evenly over the top. Bake the bars for about 30 minutes until lightly browned. Let the bars cool on a wire rack before cutting them into squares.