These Pumpkin Spice White Chocolate Pecan Caramels are soft, buttery and chewy, loaded with toasted pecans and white chocolate chips with a hint of pumpkin spice that makes them perfect for fall!
Hey there folks. I’m keeping things short and super sweet today with these Pumpkin Spice White Chocolate Pecan Caramels.
This week has been one of those jam-packed weeks. I’ve been working on some new holiday recipes and working ahead on a few projects. Then there’s life too to fit in somewhere along the line. And at my age, when you forget more than you remember, I’ve got so many post-it notes around they’re beginning to look more like a new wallpaper design. #SucksGettingOld
But a little candy always helps boost morale around here, so today we’re gonna eat one too many caramels and not feel one bit guilty about it. Are you with me??
I saw a similar caramel recipe at Taste of Home. Their recipe was for chocolate pecan caramels. I decided to put my own fall spin on things.
I swapped out the semisweet chocolate for white chocolate. And I added some pumpkin pie spice, because it is fall afterall and I’m not sure about you guys, but I can never get enough. And I would not skip toasting the pecans, because it makes them crunchier and gives them a more intense nutty flavor.
These caramels are soft and buttery and absolutely addictive. They were a contest winner at Taste of Home and I can see why.
You’ll only need less than ten ingredients, a candy thermometer and a little patience for the caramel mixture to reach the firm-ball stage, but other than that, I guarantee these are really simple and destined to become a total favorite.
I’ve made them with the semisweet chocolate chips and toasted pecans, as well as plain (without the chips and pecans), and they’re addictive any way you slice it! Enjoy!
Another favorite fall candy here at the BHK is my Pumpkin Spice Pecan Brittle! It’s so delicious, you need to give it a go this fall!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Pumpkin Spice White Chocolate Pecan Caramels Recipe:
I toast my pecans on a large baking sheet in a 350 degree oven for about 7 minutes.
You must cool the caramels completely before attempting to cut. I like to let mine set overnight.
Cook the caramel mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, so it doesn’t burn.
I like to cut my caramels in roughly one-inch squares.
Pumpkin Spice White Chocolate Pecan CaramelsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 cup pecans, chopped and toasted
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Line a 13x9 baking pan with tinfoil. Spray foil with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle in the pecans and white chocolate chips. Set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan, melt unsalted butter over medium heat. Stir in the brown sugar, corn syrup and water and bring to a boil. Stir in the sweetened condensed milk. Attach a candy thermometer and cook, stirring constantly until it reads 248 degrees. (firm-ball stage)
- Remove from the heat and add the vanilla and pumpkin pie spice. Pour into the prepared pan making sure not to scrape the saucepan. Cool completely before cutting.
Recipe adapted from Taste at Home
Join the Conversation