These Pecan Bourbon Blondies are chewy and buttery with a deliciously sweet and smokey bourbon kick!
Who’s up for a boozy blondie bar?
I mean it is a Monday after all, so I’m thinking a boozy little dessert is totally in order.
I think I must have some Southern roots in my genes because I’ve always had a fondness for all kinds of Southern food.
Fried green tomatoes, gumbo, shrimp and grits, biscuits and gravy, hummingbird cake…I’m all in. And the classic Southern combination of pecans and bourbon is a pairing I can never pass up.
I do love my chocolate, but I’d actually choose a blondie over a brownie every time. These blondies are soft, buttery and chewy with a bit of a crisp exterior. They’re loaded with pecans, which I’ve toasted before adding to the batter to give them more of an intense flavor. And the sweet, smokey taste of the bourbon give these blondies an added kick I really enjoy.
They’re a total treat!
These blondies take just about 15 minutes to prepare and 25-30 minutes baking time. They require less than ten ingredients and they’ll keep in an airtight container for three days. They’re perfect as a dessert, mid-afternon pick-me-up or even as a little breakfast treat with a cup of coffee or tea.
Hope you bake a batch this fall. Enjoy!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Pecan Bourbon Blondies Recipe:
I toasted my pecans before adding to the blondie batter to ensure more of an intense flavor.
You will need to bake these until you insert a wooden pick in the center of the pan and it comes out with still a few moist crumbs.
These are delicious served topped with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Pecan Bourbon BlondiesPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, chopped
- 2 cups light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread the chopped pecans on a large baking sheet and toast in the oven for about 7-8 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Line a large 9x13 baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Slowly add the melted butter, mixing until just combined. Stir in the bourbon and vanilla, followed by the eggs, one at a time, making sure to mix well after each addition. Stir in the flour and one cup of the toasted pecans. Spread the batter in the prepared pan and sprinkle with the remaining pecans.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs, about 25-30 minutes. Do not overbake. Let cool completely in the pan on a wire rack. Remove from pan by excess parchment paper. Cut into 12 blondies. Blondies will keep in a airtight container for three days.
Recipe adapted from Bake From Scratch Magazine – The Tropical Isssue May/June 2019
Join the Conversation