These Miniature Linzer Torte are the perfect treat for your Valentine! A sweet, nutty, jam-filled dessert that’s sure to please!
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Bob’s Red Mill. As always, all opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make The Beach House Kitchen possible.
Hello there Monday morning! Back so soon? Why is it that weekends always go so fast? It feels like two minutes ago it was Friday and BAM it’s already Monday! Is it just me? Am I getting old, or do you feel the same way guys? Even if you don’t, please just say you do. It will make me feel better. And that’s what friends are for, right?! I think it may have something to do with winter too. Winter Mondays always seem a tad bit worse than summer Mondays, don’t ya think?
It’s okay though, because I found the perfect solution! During the winter season I like to enter into the new work week with something sweet to soften the blow. You need to follow my lead on this one folks! It works! So today, let’s start the new work week together with these amazing Miniature Linzer Tortes! Last week, I promised you more Valentine goodies and I never forget a promise!
Today, I’m super excited because I’ve partnered with Bob’s Red Mill to bring you these delicious Miniature Linzer Tortes. This recipe features their Almond Meal and their All-Purpose Flour. Their Almond Meal is ground from whole, blanched sweet almonds. By adding almond meal to your baked goods you are bringing all the health benefits of almonds to your diet. They are high in protein, low in carbs and a great source of Vitamin E. The almond meal helps provide a delicate, soft crumb with a sightly sweet, nutty flavor. It’s combined with flour, butter, sugar, egg yolks and cinnamon and then filled with thick raspberry jam. It’s finished off with a gorgeous lattice topping to make for a stunning dessert for your special Valentine!
I’ll be working with Bob’s Red Mill in 2016 to bring you some fabulous recipes using their top-notch products. They are simply the best of the best in whole grain foods, so I am proud to be working with them to hopefully bring their products to your kitchen too! Enjoy friends!
Mini Linzer TortesPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 1/3 cups Bob's Red Mill All-purpose Flour
- 1 1/.2 cups Bob's Red Mill Almond Meal
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 cup 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large egg yolks room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3/4 cup raspberry jam
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Place 4 individual 4 inch mini tart pans on the baking sheet. Spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, almond meal, cinnamon, salt and baking powder.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add yolks, one at a time and vanilla until well combined.
- With mixer on low, add dry ingredients. Mix until dough comes together.
- Wrap 1/3 portion of the dough in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator.
- Using your fingers press the remaining dough into the bottom and up the sides of each 4 inch mini tart pan.
- Spread 3 Tbsp. raspberry jam over the bottom of each crust.
- Remove other portion of dough from the refrigerator. Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into 1/2 inch wide strips using a fluted pastry wheel long enough the fit across the top of tart. Each tart with need 6 strips for a total of 24 strips.
- Using an offset spatula pick up each strip and arrange across top of each tart in a lattice pattern (as pictured).
- When done with all tarts place tray in freezer for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and position rack in center of oven.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, rotating pan halfway through, until the pastry is golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack before unmolding.
Join the Conversation