These Mini Pumpkin Pies are deliciously bite-sized and perfect for your holiday dessert table this season! You’ll only need a handful of ingredients and some store-bought pie dough to make these the easiest little treat ever for your holiday guests!
I don’t know about you guys, but I can’t believe it’s Thanksgiving in two days! It’s CRUNCH TIME guys!
If you’re a regular follower here at the BHK you know I always plan ahead. I’ve made my list and checked it twice. My menu has been tweaked to perfection and I’m totally ready for the big day. I hope you guys are too.
I decided to squeeze in the easiest, peasiest little dessert today for you folks, so if you’re in need of something simple and so holiday season perfect these Mini Pumpkin Pies are it!
The recipe is from Delish and while they made theirs with homemade pie dough, I decided to make things ridiculously easy and use some Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crusts from my local market.
Mini Pumpkin Pies Ingredients
- Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crusts
- pumpkin puree
- sweetened condensed milk
- vanilla extract
- ground cinnamon
- pumpkin pie spice
- kosher salt
How to Make these Mini Pumpkin Pies
First, you’ll remove your pie crusts from the fridge and let them stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before unrolling on a lightly floured surface. I used a 2 1/2-inch scallop-edged cookie cutter to make my miniature crusts. You can also use a plain round cookie cutter to cut your rounds. I found that this size worked best because it fits perfectly into the mini muffin tin wells. You will need 24 rounds.
You’ll transfer the rounds to a mini muffin tin that you’ve sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. You will need to press the dough into the bottom and up the sides and then refrigerate for 15 minutes.
While the dough is chilling you will make the filling which is a simple combination of pumpkin puree, sweetened condensed milk, one egg, vanilla extract, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Once it’s well combined and smooth you can pour it into the prepared muffin cups, about a heaping tablespoonful in each.
Now it’s time to transfer to the oven for about 25 minutes at 375 degrees, until they’re puffy and the crust appears golden brown. Once they’re done baking you’ll remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. Gently remove the pies from the tin and let cool completely before topping with some whipped cream.
These would be a wonderful addition to your Thanksgiving dessert spread! And I know you folks are just going to LOVE how easy they are. Hope you give them a go!
Please let me know if you give the recipe a try. And if you have any questions about the recipe, just drop a comment below. Enjoy!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Mini Pumpkin Pies
You can always go the extra mile and make a homemade crust. I just know how busy things can get around the holidays, so a short-cut is always welcome around here.
These are delicious topped with Cool Whip or homemade whipped cream.
More Delicious Pie Recipes to Enjoy
Pumpkin Chiffon Pie with Gingersnap Crust
Sweet Potato Pie with Pecan Topping
Mini Pumpkin PiesPrint Recipe
- 1 14.1-oz. box Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crusts (2 count)
- 1 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- whipped cream, for serving, if deisred
- Place rack in center of oven and preheat the oven to 375 degrees. spray bottom and sides of two 12-cup muffin tins with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Remove pie crusts from refrigerator and let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. Unroll one crust at a time on a lightly floured surface, Cut 12 rounds with a 2 1/2-3-inch round cookie cutter from each refrigerated crust and transfer the prepared muffin tin pressing the dough into the bottom and up the sides. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, sweetened condensed milk, egg, vanilla, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and salt until well combined and smooth.
- Spoon the filling into each muffin cups, about 1 heaping tablespoonful each. Bake for 25 minutes or until the centers are puffy and the crusts are lightly browned. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then carefully remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Top each with a dollop of whipped cream, if desired. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe adapted from Delish
Join the Conversation