These Mini Crabmeat Baked Egg Casseroles are simple, savory and delicious! Perfect for breakfast or for lunch or dinner with a side salad.
I’m a HUGE breakfast person, especially when someone else makes it for me. Don’t get me wrong, I like making breakfast myself, but if someone says they’ll make it for me, I’m all in! And if it’s served it with a Bloody Mary, it’s even better! Unfortunately, I don’t get served breakfast very often (hint, hint Tom!), but there are some breakfast dishes where I do get a little help, and today’s recipe for Mini Crabmeat Baked Egg Casseroles is one of them.
This dish is actually a summer breakfast staple at our house at the Jersey shore. When my boys were little they loved to crab in the bay at the back of our house. Sean and Casey and their best friend Bryce would man the crab trap all day and by dinner time we would have a boatload of blue claws to enjoy! Somehow they got the fun job of catching the crabs, while mom got the tedious job of cleaning them most of the time. But at least I didn’t have to go and buy the crabmeat!
These mini egg casseroles are so savory and delicious. They’re simple to make and packed with crabmeat, red and green peppers, green onions, some cubed up French bread, a little swiss cheese and one of my favorites spices, Old Bay. You can throw these together the night before, and the next morning just pop them in the oven to bake. Wham, bam, breakfast is served! The way I figure it, it’s kind of like someone has made me breakfast. I put these mini casseroles together the night before, Tom pops them in the oven the next morning, presses the button on my Keurig to make me a delicious cup of coffee and serves it all up with a smile! It’s like I’m a queen for the day! (Well, at least until lunch).
Enjoy these friends, and have a wonderful week!!
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 6 oz. lump crabmeat
- 1/4 cup green pepper finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red pepper finely chopped
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 cup cubed French bread
- Spray insides of four 8 oz. ramekins with non-stick cooking spray. Place on parchment lined baking sheet and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, half and half, cheese, Old Bay seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Stir in crabmeat, peppers, onions and French bread.
- Pour mixture into the individual ramekins, cover with foil and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove foil and place ramekins on cookie sheet in oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes until puffy, golden brown and cooked through.