Hi there internet friends! How is your week going? Getting excited for the upcoming weekend? Any plans in the works?? I’ve got nothin’ goin’ on! Notta!
Tom and I have been so busy lately! Between the kitchen reno, spring yard work and anything else we can think up, we haven’t had a weekend to just sit back, relax and smell the roses. This is kind of our “m.o.” though. We create work for ourselves. We are kind of kooky like that. We can’t sit still for long. I used to be a lot better at sitting still, but being married to Tom for so long, he’s kinda rubbed off on me. He’s the guy on the beach in the summer who sits in a chair for all of about 10 minutes before he gets up and says, “ok, what can we do now?” Ugh! So I’m declaring this weekend “smell the roses weekend” at the Dwyer house!!
I’m hoping for some nice weather so we can maybe grill out. While Tom does the grilling, I’ll do some great sides. I’ll have to make Tom my three bean casserole because it’s his all time favorite, but I’ll be making one of my favorite sides for myself, today’s Mediterranean Cucumber Salad. I make a few different cucumber salads, but this one is at the top of the list because it’s a hearty salad filled with healthy ingredients. I love the different textures going on in this salad. It’s a simple recipe of English cucumbers, red onion, chick peas, Kalamata olives, grape tomatoes and feta cheese tossed with a light lemon vinaigrette dressing. It’s perfect with anything that comes off the grill!
Hope you guys enjoy it. Have a fabulous weekend! See you back at the BHK on Monday!
- 2 English cucumbers diced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes halved
- 2/3 cup Kalamata olives halved
- 1/2 medium red onion sliced and roughly chopped
- 1 15.5 oz. can chick peas drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbles
- Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, onion, chick peas and feta. Toss lightly.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients until well blended.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat.