These Granola Cookies are the perfect on-the-go breakfast treat guaranteed to keep you satisfied til lunch!
It’s been crazy busy at the BHK lately friends! I have been working on some exciting things for the month of February and with the Super Bowl coming up, followed by Valentine’s Day, the month is already flying. Unfortunately, since I’ve been so busy, I’ve been neglecting the most important meal of the day…breakfast. Granola Cookies to the rescue!
Now, I usually don’t condone eating cookies for breakfast, but these beauties definitely get the green light. I’ve loaded them with all the tasty ingredients found in your favorite breakfast granola, so clearly they are an acceptable breakfast food in my book. They’ve got oats, pumpkin seeds, pecans, coconut, cranberries, apricots and even some mini chocolate chips! They’re super simple and the perfect on-the-go breakfast treat that will keep you satisfied til lunch!
Enjoy your weekend folks. Have fun watching the Super Bowl and see you back at the BHK next week!
- 1/2 cup one stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg plus one egg yolk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 cup rolled old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup pecans chopped
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips I use mini chips
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup dried apricots finely chopped
- In a large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until well combined, about 2-3 minutes.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Add dry ingredients to butter mixture until combined.
- Add remaining ingredients until well combined. Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto a parchment lined baking sheet, two inches apart. Flatten dough slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for 8 -10 minutes, rotating tray halfway through, until edges are set and cookies are golden.
- Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then remove to wire rack to completely cool.