This Easy Queso Dip is a game day favorite at our house! Smooth and creamy and packed with Mexican flavor, it’s a simple appetizer that’s perfect for your next party!
Seriously, is there anything better than a big old bowl of cheese??
That would be a NO.
This Easy Queso Dip is one of my guilty pleasures. I usually make it for game day when people are coming over. Frankly I don’t trust myself to make it when I’m the only one home. I’ve got no willpower. It makes roughly 8 servings, but in my case that could quickly change to one serving…lol.
Easy Queso Dip Ingredients
- yellow onion
- jalapeño peppers
- garlic cloves
- evaporated milk
- ground cumin
- chili powder
- cayenne powder
- kosher salt
- American cheese
- pepper jack cheese
- pico de gallo (optional)
It’s smooth and creamy, it’s spiced perfectly and it’s super addictive. Take it from one who knows. And it’s a recipe that comes together in a matter of minutes.
I use two different kinds of shredded cheese for this queso dip. I go to my cold cut counter and ask them to cut me roughly a 1/2 pound chunk of American cheese and then I grab a brick of pepper jack cheese from the cheese section.
How to Make This Easy Queso Dip
First off, you’ll need a deep skillet or saucepan for this recipe. You’ll sauté your onion and jalapeño in some butter followed by your minced garlic.
Then you’ll add your evaporated milk and spices and stir until combined. The final ingredient will be your shredded cheese which you’ll stir in and mix until melted and smooth.
I pour my queso into a bowl and top it with a tablespoon or two of pico de gallo and then mix it in. This is optional, but I love it.
Keep this one bookmarked for March Madness this year guys. It’s always a fan favorite!
Please let me know if you give the recipe a try. And if you have any questions about the recipe, just drop a comment below. Enjoy!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Easy Queso Dip
I use a combination of American cheese and pepper jack cheese for this recipe. You could use all American if you prefer.
As I mentioned above, the pico de gallo is optional, but I love to mix in a few tablespoons for added flavor.
I usually serve my queso with a bowl of homemade pico de gallo (MY RECIPE HERE) and tortilla chips.
More Delicious Game Day Recipes
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped jalapenos
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 12-oz. can evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne powder
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 cups shredded American cheese
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 2 Tbsp. pico de gallo, if desired
- Add the butter to a large deep skillet or saucepan and heat over medium heat until melted. Add the onion and jalapenos and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring often until softened and the onions are translucent. Add the garlic and continue to cook for one minute.
- Pour in the evaporated milk followed by the cumin, chili powder, cayenne and kosher salt. Stir until well blended. Add the cheeses and continue to cook, stirring often until the mixture is smooth and the cheeses are melted. Remove from the heat and top with a few tablespoons of pico de gallo (if desired) and serve with tortilla chips.