This Easy Holiday Broccoli Casserole is a family favorite that’s always a winner for the holidays. It’s creamy, it’s cheesy and it’s so, so easy!
Updated: This post was first published here in November 2019. I decided it was worthy of a re-share because it’s a holiday favorite. I’ve added new content and notes to the post below.
Easy Holiday Broccoli Casserole
Hey there friends! Are y’all ready for Easter Sunday? Hope your plans are going swimmingly!
If you happen to be looking for one last side for your holiday dinner this Easy Holiday Broccoli Casserole is it! It’s gotten great reviews here on the blog, so I thought I’d re-share and refresh your memory.
Today, I’m not only excited to share your new favorite holiday side dish, this Easy Holiday Broccoli Casserole, but I’m also sharing some beautiful baking dishes and food storage containers from my friends at Ello (click) Products.
Easy Holiday Broccoli Casserole Ingredients
- broccoli florets
- all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper
- half and half
- white cheddar cheese
- yellow cheddar cheese
- crispy fried onions
It’s one of the easiest casseroles to whip up. Just check out the recipe video below ↓ and see for yourself. You’ll only need a handful of ingredients and less than an hour to prep and bake it.
A delicious combination of blanched broccoli, a creamy base made of butter, garlic, flour and half and half, a few eggs, two kinds of shredded cheddar and some store-bought crispy fried onions and you’ve got a side dish that everyone will want the recipe for. Guaranteed.
Today’s casserole was made In Ello’s Duraglass 9×13 baking dish. The 9×13 dish is part of Ello’s Bake and Store Set. Their Duraglass Bakeware (click) is portable and perfect for potlucks, meal prep and leftovers.
I’ll also be making my Creamed Spinach and Mushrooms in Ello’s 8×8 baking dish this Easter. To make life easier, I’ll make it the night before and store it in the refrigerator until I’m ready to bake it.
Additional Features of Ello’s Duraglass Bakeware
Each container features a clear Tritan lid that’s tight and leak-proof. That means your dishes stay fresh longer and that they’re perfect for on-the-go, especially for the busy holiday season ahead.
Another great feature is the durable silicone sleeve that acts as a built-in trivet and protects the dish from breaking and scratching. It can go from freezer to oven to table too, with no need to remove the silicone sleeve. And all parts are dishwasher safe and BPA free.
I hope you guys give this yummy Easy Holiday Broccoli Casserole a try and that it becomes a staple on your holiday table just like ours!
Please let me know if you give the recipe a try. And if you have any questions about the recipe, just drop a comment below. Enjoy!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Easy Holiday Broccoli Casserole Recipe:
I use store-bought crispy fried onions. If you use French’s, I would chop them into smaller pieces. If you use Lars Own, they already come chopped in smaller pieces, so just use them as is.
I like to use a combination of white and yellow cheddar cheeses, but if you prefer, you can just use one or the other.
More Delicious Side Dish Recipes to Enjoy
The BEST One Pot Cheesy Potatoes
Easy Holiday Broccoli Casserole Video
Easy Holiday Broccoli CasserolePrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 10 cups broccoli florets, about 2 lbs.
- 5 Tbsp. butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp, salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups half and half
- 1 cup sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sharp yellow cheddar cheese, shredded
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups crispy fried onions, divided
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray the Ello Products 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add a tablespoon of salt. Add broccoli florets and cook for 3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon to a bowl filled with ice water. Remove the florets after 30 seconds and strain in a colander.
- Heat butter in a large pot over medium heat until melted. Add garlic and cook 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes, whisking constantly. Slowly add the half and half and then the salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring often until mixture begins to thicken, about 7-8 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the two cheeses. Remove the pot from the heat. Add 1 1/4 cups of the cheeses to the mixture in the pot. Stir until the cheese is melted. Add the broccoli, eggs and one cup of the crispy onions to the pot and stir until well combined. Pour mixture into the prepared dish. Sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup cheese and 1/2 cup crispy onions. Bake for 30 minutes or until set. Remove from oven and serve.
Join the Conversation