This Creamy Lemon Garlic Pasta with Salmon is a delicious dish that’s perfect for those busy weeknights. It’s a simple meal that’s full of flavor and it comes together in just about 30 minutes!
I’m popping in today with a quick and easy dinner that’s got over the top flavor, is healthy-ish and it’s ready and on your table in just about 30 minutes! Total win for those busy weeknights, but fancy enough for weekend guests too!
The BEST Creamy Lemon Garlic Pasta with Salmon
I made this Creamy Lemon Garlic Pasta with Salmon a few weeks back and it was totally delish. I wasn’t sure if you know who (Mr. Picky) would be on board. I’ve heard him say once or twice in the past that he doesn’t like salmon. But mind you, we’ve been married for almost 32 years and I haven’t seen him give it a go in well…close to 32 years.
So I thought I’d take a chance.
Turns out he likes salmon more than he thought. Although I think he liked the pasta part of this dish the best, if I’m being honest. At least he gave it the old college try. Props to you Mr. Picky.
Creamy Lemon Garlic Pasta with Salmon Ingredients
- salmon filets
- casarecce pasta
- olive oil
- lemon juice and lemon zest
- white cooking wine
- heavy cream
- Italian seasoning blend (I use Outside Table’s Everyday Herb Seasoning)
- grated Parmesan cheese
I decided to use fresh salmon fillets from my local market. I let them come to room temperature and then I placed them on a rimmed baking sheet and brushed them with butter and topped them with salt and pepper. I didn’t add any lemon in this step because there is lemon juice and zest in the pasta sauce.
You’ll bake the fillets at 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until they register an internal temp of 125-130 degrees F. When you remove them from the oven you’ll just gently flake the fillets into large pieces and set aside.
If you want to make things even easier you could also use frozen salmon fillets from your local market and just bake them off according to the package directions. You decide.
You’ll love how easy this pasta dish is and how much flavor it has from lemon juice and zest as well as the herb seasoning.
Please let me know if you give the recipe a try. And if you have any questions about the recipe, just drop a comment below. Enjoy!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Creamy Lemon Garlic Pasta with Salmon
As I mentioned in the ingredient list above, I use Outside Table’s Everyday Herb Seasoning. It’s a mixture of thyme and oregano with cayenne pepper for subtle flavor with a fiery chili pepper finish. I use it for so many dishes. This is not a sponsored post, I just wanted to share a product I enjoy with you guys. You could also substitute an Italian seasoning blend.
If you’re not a fan of salmon, you can substitute some shrimp or even some white meat chicken for this dish.
More Delicious Pasta Recipes to Enjoy
Lemony Orzo Pasta Salad with Shrimp
Linguine with Tomatoes Basil and Brie
Creamy Lemon Garlic Pasta with SalmonPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2 6-oz. salmon fillets
- 5 Tbsp. salted butter, divided
- salt and pepper
- 12 oz. Casarecce pasta
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1/2 cup white cooking wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning blend
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a small rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Melt two tablespoons of the butter in a microwave safe dish. Brush the fillets with the butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through. Internal temperature should register 125-130 degrees F. Remove from the oven and gently flake into large pieces. Set aside.
- While the salmon is cooking, cook your pasta al dente according to package directions. Drain, saving one cup of the pasta water to add to your pasta later in the recipe.
- In a large, deep skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring often for 1-2 minutes. Add the lemon juice and white wine. Bring to a boil and cook for 2 minutes. Reduce the temperature to medium and add the heavy cream, seasoning and the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter.
- Continue to cook until mixture begins to bubble, stirring often. Add the pasta, lemon and the Parmesan cheese. Mix until well combined. Slowly add the reserved hot pasta water and mix well. Add in the flaked salmon and continue to cook until heated through. Remove from the heat and serve immediately with extra grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Join the Conversation