This Cobb Salad is an entire meal in a bowl. So delicious and healthy!
The party’s over folks! Wah wah! I’m sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but…it’s time to step away from that Super Bowl spread of hot wings, nachos and cheesesteaks and belly up to the salad bar! Don’t worry though, I’ve got us covered. And I didn’t make us just any old salad, I made us this absolutely amazing Cobb Salad!
If you’ve never tried a Cobb Salad, oh, have you been missing out! It’s an entire meal in a bowl! It’s loaded with all things good for you. Ok, I’m fudging just a little… not the bacon, but come on, it’s bacon, and we all know bacon makes everything better. And besides, I don’t know about you guys, but I can’t go from eating Super Bowl goodies to just plain old rabbit food in the blink of an eye. I need extras to entice me, and this salad has exactly that!
The Cobb is packed with delicious ingredients. It’s a mixture of salad greens (I used romaine and watercress), avocados, tomatoes, crisp bacon, grilled or roasted chicken, crumbled roquefort cheese, hard-boiled egg and then topped with a red wine vinaigrette. See, I told you, it’s a meal. Am I right?! And so unbelievably easy!
Please join me back here at the BHK on Thursday when I’ll be sharing something fabulous for Valentine’s Day!! Whether you celebrate the day with a group of friends or enjoy something more intimate for two, it will be perfect! ♥ Hope you all have a great week!
- 6 slices bacon
- 6 cups romaine lettuce roughly chopped
- 2 cups watercress tough stems removed
- 2 hard-boiled eggs roughly chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes diced
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken breast diced
- 1 avocado pitted, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup crumbled Roquefort cheese
- Red Wine Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Dice the bacon and cook in a skillet over medium-high heat until crisp. Drain on paper towel. Set aside.
- Combine the romaine and watercress and place onto a large serving platter.
- Arrange the eggs, tomatoes, chicken, avocados and blue cheese in strips on top of the greens. (see photo)
- Drizzle with some of the vinaigrette dressing. Serve immediately. Place remaining dressing at the table.
- In small bowl, whisk vinegar, garlic and mustard. Add salt and pepper.
- While whisking, slowly drizzle in olive oil until well combined.