These Chocolate Fudge Peanut Butter Stuffed Cookies are a match made in cookie heaven!
Chocolate and peanut butter. How do I love thee? Let me count the ways!
Endless possibilities, am I right?
Cookies, candy, cake, even breakfast options like homemade pop tarts or as additions to your morning breakfast bowl.
The delicious list goes on and on and on…..
So when it came to creating a stuffed cookie this holiday season, of course, the chocolate peanut butter combo was at the top of my list.
I have to say, it was a little tough photographing these beauties because each time I’d break one in half hoping to get that money shot, you know I was eating the other half, lickety-split! #foodbloggerproblems #NEEDmorestretchypants
Don’t get me wrong. I’m not complaining. A person could have worse problems.
I mean who can pass up a decadently dark, rich, chocolatey cookie with a surprise of creamy, dreamy peanut butter inside, topped with some flaky sea salt? Like no one.
These disappeared faster than fast at our house. Like WHOOOOOSH. GONE.
And fresh out of the oven with a glass of cold milk…
A Few Cook’s Notes for Chocolate Fudge Peanut Butter Stuffed Cookies Recipe:
I like to sift my cocoa powder so I don’t end up with dry spots in my cookies.
Make sure to cover the entire frozen peanut butter dollop with the cookie dough before baking.
This recipe made twelve good size cookies. I baked 6 per tray and baked one tray at a time.
A holiday cookie winner my friends! Enjoy!
Hope you can pop back to the blog this Thursday, when I’ll be sharing another special, easy holiday cookie!
‘Tis the Season!
Chocolate Fudge Peanut Butter Stuffed CookiesPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 tsp. espresso powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Maldon sea salt flakes, for sprinkling
- Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper. Dollop 12 individual teaspoons of creamy peanut butter on the tray. Place in freezer to firm up.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line another large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients to the wet until well combined.
- Roll heaping tablespoonfuls of dough around dollops of frozen peanut butter, sealing to completely cover. Place two inches apart on prepared sheet. Sprinkle with Maldon sea salt flakes. Bake for 9-10 minutes. Do not over bake, Cool on sheet for 5 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
Join the Conversation