This Chicken with Orzo Marsala is a comfort food dish that’ll leave you saying, winner winner, chicken dinner!
Coming at ya without another SUPER tasty, easy dinner recipe today folks!
Now that we’re into January and we’ve had our fill of baked goods (if that’s even possible) and the temps are routinely dipping into the low 30’s, comfort food dishes are what I’m serving up.
Some healthy, like my Falafel Platter with Tzatziki Sauce and Beef Barley Soup and some healthy-ish like Tom’s favorite, Classic Easy Meat Loaf.
I’ve been thinking about whipping up another orzo dish since I shared my Pan Seared Scallops with Orzo Piccata a few months back. So many of you have made it and everyone seems to really love it!
I put together the scallops with orzo piccata because piccata sauce is one of Tom’s favorites. So naturally, I had to create another dish, this Chicken with Orzo Marsala, with another of Tom’s favorite sauces, because that’s just the kind of wife I am.
A Few Cook’s Notes for Chicken with Orzo Marsala Recipe:
I used a combination of white button and baby bella mushrooms for this recipe, but feel free to use your favorite kind of mushrooms.
This dish tastes equally delicious vegetarian style without the chicken.
I love to serve it with a side salad and a glass of wine.
Can you say, winner, winner, chicken dinner??
Juicy white meat chicken pan-fried until golden brown, in a rich Marsala wine sauce loaded with mushrooms, onions, garlic and tender orzo pasta.
The combination sounds just as scrumptious as it tastes. This is one meal you’ve got to add to your weekly menu.
Another delicious, comfort food dish that’s easy enough for weeknight dinner, but fancy enough for dinner guests this weekend! Enjoy!
Chicken with Orzo MarsalaPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 3 large chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- salt, pepper and paprika
- 5 Tbsp. butter, divided
- 8 oz. white button mushrooms, sliced
- 8 oz. Baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 2/3 cup Marsala wine, divided
- 2 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- fresh chopped parsley for garnish, if desired
- Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper and paprika. Add chicken to skillet and cook for 7-8 minutes, stirring often, until chicken is just cooked through. Remove chicken from skillet . Set aside.
- In a large Dutch oven, heat 3 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and onions and cook 5 minutes until softened and translucent, stirring often. Add garlic and continue to cook for 1 minute. Add orzo and cook for 2-3 minutes until lightly toasted, stirring until well combined.
- Add 1/3 Marsala wine and bring to a boil. Cook until almost all wine is evaporated, about 2 minutes.
- Add 2 1/2 cups beef stock, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until pasta is tender and broth is mostly absorbed, about 10 minutes. Add chicken, additional 1/3 cup Marsala wine and remaining two tablespoons butter and continue to cook until chicken is heat through and liquid is mostly absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Divide among four dishes. Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley.
Join the Conversation