These Chewy White Chocolate Dipped Blueberry Granola Bars are a delicious on-the-go breakfast treat or the perfect little afternoon pick-me-up!
Hi guys! Happy one day closer to the weekend!
You were probably wondering why these yummy Chewy White Chocolate Dipped Blueberry Granola Bars popped up in your inboxes so bright and early this morning weren’t you? Well, I scheduled today’s post a little earlier than usual, because as most of you are reading this, I’m flying high in the sky to sunny Florida! Tom and I are headed to see my Mom and to hopefully enjoy some sunnier, warmer weather for a few days.
When I go on a trip I try to stay away from buying snacks at the airport. They’re always too expensive and usually not the healthiest. I like to bring my own, homemade snacks to nibble on. And come to think of it, do airlines even give snacks anymore? Not the flights I’ve been on. These days water isn’t even free with some airlines (you know who you are)! And don’t even get me started on paying for bags! Ugh!! I’m going to be there for a few days and my wonderful husband thinks I can pack everything I need in a bag that fits under my seat! What the?! Not even the overhead bin…under the seat! Ummm, that would be a NO! I mean, really?? Has he not seen the space under those
comfy pre-reclined seats?! Nothing’s fitting under there!
Let’s change the subject to these fabulously tasty, chewy granola bars shall we? There’s nothing like a granola bar with my morning coffee or as a little afternoon pick-me-up treat. And dip it in some white chocolate, well, what’s not to love? This recipe is somewhat similar to my favorite Maple Cinnamon Granola. Just a few minor tweaks.
I’ve added sliced almonds, blueberries, unsweetened coconut and some Cherrios. And since we’ve all been so good with our New Year’s resolutions (right?!) I thought we deserved to dip them in some creamy white chocolate. If you haven’t been good (join the club), or just don’t want to add the chocolate, feel free to leave it out. I’ll let you be the judge, but don’t be too hard on yourself!
I make these in a 9×13 pan, but if you’d like your bars thicker just use a smaller pan. When they’re done baking, just remove them from the oven and let them stand for at least 3 hours so you can cut them into nice, neat bars. Enjoy friends and hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 cups Cheerios
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp. unsulphured molasses
- 3 Tbsp. light brown sugar lightly packed
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup dried blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp. Crisco shortening
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine oats, almonds and coconut in a large bowl. Spread onto baking sheet and toast in oven for 8-10 minutes until fragrant. Remove from oven and let cool. Add in Cheerios, cinnamon and salt.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees.
- Line a 9x13 pan with parchment paper. Lightly spray parchment with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a microwave safe bowl combine maple syrup, coconut oil and molasses. Microwave for about one minute . Remove from the microwave and mix with a spatula until all the ingredients are melted and smooth. Gently stir in the brown sugar and the vanilla. Pour over the oat mixture and mix until well moistened. Mix in blueberries.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Press mixture gently and evenly into pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool in pan on wire rack for 3 hours. Cut into bars.
- Line a large baking sheet with wax paper or parchment paper.
- Place chocolate chips and shortening in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted and smooth.
- Dip bottom of each bar in melted chocolate and place on prepared sheet chocolate side down. Let chocolate set.