These Granola Cups with Whipped Nutella Filling are decadent little cups that are perfect for breakfast, post-workout, as an afternoon snack or even dessert!
Hey there folks.
How was everyone’s first full week of 2020?
I have to say, mine was pretty good. I’m down in sunny Florida visiting with my Mom and the weather has been just splendid. Nice and warm and absolutely lovely.
Although I hear back in the Philadelphia and New Jersey areas it’s not too shabby either. Temps in the 60’s? In mid-January? Let’s savor it while we’ve got it, right?
Today, I’m sharing one of my favorite little breakfast, post-workout or afternoon snack treats.
These Granola Cups with Whipped Nutella Filling are decadent, healthy-ish bites that will satisfy your appetite and sweet tooth.
The little cups are super simple to whip up, require just a handful of ingredients and have just the right amount of sweetness.
Just mix the ingredients until well combined and press into a standard muffin pan. Chill a bit, bake, cool, then fill.
And the whipped Nutella filling? I mean can you ever go wrong when Nutella’s involved?
I think not.
But if you’re not a fan of Nutella, feel free to fill these yummy little cups with your favorite yogurt.
They’re honestly, equally delish either way.
Then top these little beauties with some fresh fruit and you’re good to go. Breakfast is served. Enjoy!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Granola Cups with Whipped Nutella Filling Recipe:
When combining the ingredients for the granola cups, make sure to mix the dry mixture with the honey and melted coconut oil until well combined and coated.
Spray your muffin tin generously with nonstick cooking spray before adding the oat mixture.
Chill the cups for about 30 minutes in the fridge before baking.
Let the cups cool totally before using a knife around the edges of the cup and removing.
You can fill the cups all at once if you’d like or keep the empty cups in an airtight container and fill just before eating if you’d rather.
- 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, I use Bob's Red Mill
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
Whipped Nutella Filling
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Cool Whip whipped topping
- fresh strawberries, bananas and blueberries, for topping
- Spray a standard size muffin pan generously with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oats, pecans, coconut, cinnamon and salt until well combined. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey and melted coconut oil until well combined.
- Pour liquid ingredients over oat mixture and mix until well combined and well coated. Divide mixture evenly among prepared muffin cups. (about 1/4 cup in each cup) Press mixture down tightly and up sides of each cup. Chill tray in fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Bake chilled muffin cups for 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven to wire rack and let totally cool.
- While granola cups are cooling, make whipped Nutella filling.
- Fill each cup with some of the Nutella whipped filling and top with fresh fruit.
Whipped Nutella Filling
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, add the cream cheese, Nutella and vanilla extract. Beat until smooth, about 2 minutes. Fold in the Cool Whip whipped topping until well blended.