These Chewy Cookie Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are beyond delicious! They’re lightly crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside and loaded with chocolate chips! Warm and fresh from the oven, they’re a cookie lover’s dream!
Let’s start the week on a sweet note, shall we?
I’ve been a fan of Lotus Biscoff cookies for years. I think the first time I tried them was as an in-flight snack. I was hooked.
I don’t indulge often because I have a little issue when it comes to portion control because they’re totally addictive. They’re sweet and crunchy and just delish.
I also love the Lotus Biscoff cookie butter, so I treat myself once in a while to a jar. I LOVE to add it to cookies.
Favorite New Cookie Recipe
These Chewy Cookie Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are nice and chewy on the inside with a lightly crispy exterior that’s absolutely heavenly. These are honestly my favorite new cookie recipe!
I went big with the chocolate chips and used some Ghirardelli Grand Chips Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips. They’re larger than your standard chips, so the pockets of melty chocolate when these pop right out of the oven will blow you away.
Chewy Cookie Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies Ingredients
- unsalted butter
- Biscoff cookie butter
- brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
- Ghirardelli Grand Chips Semisweet Chocolate Chips
The smell of the cookie butter while you’re making the dough and while they’re baking is unmistakable.
You’ll first cream your butter and cookie butter together. Then you’ll add both sugars and beat until nice and fluffy. Next up will be your egg and vanilla followed by your mixture of dry ingredients… flour, baking soda and salt.
Once the dough is just combined (don’t overmix), you’ll fold in your chips, just saving a handful to top the dough balls with. You’ll scoop the dough onto your parchment-lined sheet and bake for 9-10 minutes until just crispy around the edges.
These are your classic chocolate chip cookie…but amped up a level in flavor. A flavor I know you’re going to really enjoy! They’re fabulous enjoyed warm and fresh from the oven. They also work wonderfully made into ice cream cookie sandwiches.
You NEED to add these to your baking list ASAP folks! I guarantee they become a favorite with family and friends!
Please let me know if you give the recipe a try. And if you have any questions about the recipe, just drop a comment below. Enjoy!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Chewy Cookie Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
As mentioned above, I used Ghirardelli Grand Chips Semisweet Chocolate Chips. This is not a sponsored post, I just happen to love them and love the bigger size. Regular semisweet chips also work fine for this recipe.
I incorporate one cup of the chips into the dough and use about 1/3-1/2 cups of chips to top each of the dough balls before baking, using two-three for each dough ball.
You can freeze your dough balls to save for later if you’d like. I freeze on a large parchment-lined baking sheet and once they’re frozen through I add to a large freezer bag.
More Delicious Cookie Recipes to Enjoy
Chewy Cookie Butter Chocolate Chip CookiesPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup Biscoff cookie butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Ghirardelli Grand Chip Semisweet Chocolate Chips, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and cookie butter for one minute on medium speed.
- Add brown sugar and granulated sugar and mix on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until just combined.
- Slowly add the dry mixture while the mixer is on low speed until just combined. Do not overmix. Remove the bowl from the stand and fold in one cup of the chocolate chips.
- Scoop dough into balls with a 1.5-inch scooper. Place on baking sheet two inches apart. Top each dough ball with 2-3 extra chips. Bake for 9-10 minutes, or until crispy around the edges and lightly browned. Cool on sheet for five minutes then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Join the Conversation