Sweet and slightly tart, these Lemon Crinkle Cookies are like a ray of sunshine on a plate! They’re super easy and totally irresistible!
Pucker up buttercup!
OK guys, raise your hand if you’re a fan of lemony desserts! (I’ve got both hands up!)
There’s just something so refreshing about a dessert jam-packed with lemon flavor. It brightens up any day. Don’t you think?
These Lemon Crinkles Cookies are triple the lemon flavor. They’ve got lemon zest, lemon juice and lemon extract. I also used a bit of yellow gel food coloring, so they’d immediately scream luscious lemon flavor ahead! Totally optional, but a must for me.
Lemon Crinkle Cookies Ingredients
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- unsalted butter
- granulated sugar
- lemon extract
- vanilla extract
- yellow gel food coloring
- confectioners’ sugar
These cookies are sweet, yet slightly tart. They’re soft and fluffy and they’ve got a cake-like consistency with a crispy outside and a melt-in-your-mouth inside! I think you’ll find them absolutely irresistible!
Hope y’all bake a batch! These are the perfect weekend baking project.
Please let me know if you give the recipe a try. And if you have any questions about the recipe, just drop a comment below. Enjoy!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Lemon Crinkle Cookies
I did use some Wilton yellow gel food coloring to color my dough a smidge.
I like to refrigerate my dough for a few hours because I find it easier to scoop. It was less sticky.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 10 Tbsp. unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp. lemon extract
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- yellow gel food coloring, if desired
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar on medium speed until fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time until incorporated, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add the lemon juice, zest, lemon and vanilla extracts, and yellow gel food coloring (if desired) until you read desired color. Mix until well blended.
- Turn the mixer to low, and slowly add the flour mixture just until combined. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 3-4 hours. I find refrigerating the dough for a few hours helps with stickiness and makes it easier to make the cookies into balls and roll in the sugar.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Pour 1/2 cup granulated sugar into a small bowl and 1/2 cup sifted confectioner's sugar into another small bowl.
- Remove dough from refrigerator. Roll dough into 1-1 1/2 Tbsp. balls. Roll each ball first in the granulated sugar, then in the confectioner's sugar. Place on prepared sheet 2 inches apart. Bake for 9-11 minutes.
- Let cool on tray for five minutes, then remove to rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough. Store in an airtight container.