These Blueberry Chex Krispie Treats are ooey-gooey marshmallowy and packed with blueberry and lemon flavor! They’re a total treat!
We’re gettin’ nostalgic today folks.
I’m thinking back to the days when some form of krispie treat graced my pantry when my boys were young. They were always a special addition to their lunchboxes growing up.
I don’t often indulge, but when I do decide to treat myself, I make sure it’s a krispie treat tailored to my liking. Not just a plain old version. It’s gotta be over the top delish.
I shared my Oreo version a while back and they’re crazy good, so if you haven’t given those a try, I highly suggest you make a pan. You won’t be disappointed.
I got the idea for this Chex™ version when I was shopping down the cereal aisle at the market recently and came across some Blueberry Chex™ Cereal. I think you already know my love for anything blueberry, right?
This version is crunchy and chewy, loaded with dried blueberries, some freshly grated lemon zest and lots of ooey-gooey marshmallow! It’s an easy no-bake dessert that the kids AND adults are sure to love. Enjoy!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Blueberry Chex Krispie Treats Recipe:
You can find dried blueberries at most local supermarkets in the aisle with the raisins or dried fruit.
When folding in the cereal and blueberries, mix gently with a rubber spatula so you don’t crush the cereal.
When you pour the mixture into the pan, only press down lightly on the top of the treats with a rubber spatula, that way you’ll have fluffier treats.
If you don’t have a 9-inch springform pan, you could also use an 9×9 pan for this recipe.
- 6 cups Chex Blueberry Cereal
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 6 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 10-oz. bag mini marshmallows
- 1 Tbsp. freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Lightly spray a 9-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray. (If using a 9x9 pan, lightly spray pan with nonstick cooking spray. Line with parchment paper, leaving a bit of an overhang on all sides for easy removal. Spray parchment lightly with nonstick cooking spray.) Set aside.
- Combine cereal and dried blueberries in a large bowl. Set aside. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add marshmallows and stir with a rubber spatula until melted and smooth, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in the lemon zest and vanilla extract.
- Remove from the heat, and gently fold in the Chex cereal and blueberries until well combined. Quickly spread the mixture into the prepared pan. Using a rubber spatula sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, just press down lightly on top of treats to even out.
- Let the pan cool to room temperature on a wire rack. Remove the pan. Cut into wedges. Store in airtight container.