This Beer-Braised BBQ Chuck Roast is low on effort, yet high on flavor! It takes less than 20 minutes to prepare and cooks low and slow until it’s fall apart tender and totally mouthwatering!
One of Tom’s favorite meals has always been my Classic Pot Roast. It’s a comfort food dish that never fails to please.
During the summer months, I don’t often think of making a pot roast though. We still like to enjoy a good chuck roast, but I like to prepare it with more of a summer BBQ flair.
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
This chuck roast is no joke, beyond tender, and the sauce is the easiest combination of a mere 4 ingredients. It’s cooked in your oven, low and slow for just over three hours and perfect served on little Hawaiian rolls or minus the rolls and simply on a plate with a side of fresh summer corn on the cob, tomatoes and perhaps a nice hunk of corn bread. It has summer par-tay food written all over it!
I season my chuck roast generously with some of our favorite Montreal steak seasoning before I sear it on all sides in my Dutch oven. Tom and I love the flavor it gives the meat.
Then I whisk together the beer, chili sauce, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce before pouring it over the meat and baking it in a 300 degree oven, covered for 3- 3 1/2 hours or until fall apart tender.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- 3-4 lb. chuck roast
- Montreal steak seasoning
- chili sauce (I use Heinz Chili Sauce)
- brown sugar
- Worcestershire sauce
First, you will season your roast with some Montréal steak seasoning and sear it on all sides in a large Dutch oven.
Next up, you will whisk together the remaining ingredients and pour oven the roast in your Dutch oven.
You will bake your roast for 3-3 1/2 hours until fall apart tender and then shred the meat with two forks.
Hope you guys give this recipe a try for your summer parties ahead. It requires minimal effort, but you’ll really enjoy how tender and juicy the meat is and how much flavor it has. It’s going to be perfect for fall game days this year too.
Please let me know if you give the recipe a try. And if you have any questions about the recipe, just drop a comment below. Enjoy!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Beer-Braised BBQ Chuck Roast
I used a 3 1/2 pound chuck roast for this recipe. Any size between 3-4 lbs. will work.
The chuck roast cut usually has some fat. I chose a roast with the least amount of fat that I could find.
When the roast is done cooking, I remove it to a large platter or cutting board and shred it with two forks before returning it to a serving dish and then adding a few ladlefuls of the gravy.
More Summer BBQ Recipes to Enjoy
Maple Bourbon BBQ Kielbasa Bites
Beer-Braised BBQ Chuck RoastPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 3-4 lb. lean boneless, beef chuck roast
- 2-3 Tbsp. Montreal steak seasoning
- 2-3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 12 oz. chili sauce, I use Heinz Chili Sauce. Do not use hot chili sauce for this recipe.
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 12-oz. cans beer
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Pat the roast dry with a paper towel. Season both sides evenly with the Montreal Steak Seasoning. In a large Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Brown the meat on all sides.
- In a large bowl, whisk together chili sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and beer. Pour this mixture over the browned meat in the Dutch oven. Cover with a lid and bake for 3-3 1/2 hours or until fall apart tender. Remove from the oven. Remove the meat from the pan to a large platter or board and let stand for 5 minutes, then shred the meat with two forks. Add the meat to a serving dish and top with a few ladlefuls of the gravy.
Join the Conversation