This Honey Pecan Bundt Cake is a fuzzy slippers, cozy up by the fire with a warm cup of tea kind of cake! Perfect for enjoying yourself or gifting to friends and family this holiday season!
Holiday baking season is in full swing at the BHK folks!!
Who’s ready? Have you got your holiday bake on? Does your house smell amazing like mine??
Has anyone started their holiday shopping? Any decorations up yet? That would be a no and a no for me. I’ve been too busy baking to deck the halls and shop. That’s next on my list, pinky swear, but for the moment I’ve been having tons of fun baking in my kitchen!
Today’s cake guys…it’s amazing! Honey Pecan Bundt Cake. It just sounds fabulous doesn’t it? Can you just smell that warm honey and those toasted pecans?? Please say you can, because this is a cake you’re going to want to enjoy AND share this holiday season.
I mean, how much would you love it if someone showed up at your door this holiday season with a beauty like this?!
Honey Cake is a popular Jewish recipe. I know this because my good friend Hakeem is a baker who just opened his own Kosher bakery. When I was helping him with some photos, I took one of a honey cake he made. I was dying to slice off a piece because it smelled so amazing! It’s a fuzzy slippers, cup of tea, cozy up by the fire kinda cake!
I knew I’d have to make one to share with you guys, and I needed to make one slight change and add my favorite nut, toasted pecans, to the recipe. Don’t skip toasting the pecans folks! The toasting gives the cake a depth of flavor that’s unbeatable!
It’s also got the sweet flavors of freshly squeezed orange and lemon juices, honey, and the warm spices of cinnamon, cardamon and nutmeg. The recipe makes two six-cup bundt cakes, but if you don’t have a small bundt pan you can also use two 8-inch cake pans.
The only thing that may rival the taste of this cake is how easy, and I’m talkin’ incredibly easy, it is to make. I know how busy the holiday season can be, so desserts like this one is PERFECT! It will become one of your go-to favorite desserts this season. I guarantee it! Enjoy!
- 1 cup pecan halves ( I use Diamond of California pecans)
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup honey
- 1 1/2 cups freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. cardamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- confectioner's sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Spread pecans on a large baking sheet. Bake for 6-8 minutes until fragrant. Remove from oven and let cool. When cool, finely chop. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment mix oil, granulated sugar and brown sugar on medium speed until incorporated, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add in eggs, honey, orange juice and lemon juice and mix until incorporated, about 1-2 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cardamon, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients until blended and incorporated, about 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Spray two 6-cup bundt pans generously with nonstick cooking spray with flour. (Or two 8-inch cake pans). Fill each bundt pan with half of the batter. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until tester inserted in center of cake. Transfer to a wire rack to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Release the cake from the bundt pan onto a platter. When cake is totally cooled, dust with confectioner's sugar.