Always a winner with holiday guests, this Everything Cheddar Horseradish Cheese Ball is absolutely delectable and totally zesty!
Hi guys and Happy Monday. I’m so excited for today’s post!
Today, I’m firming up all the final details for our Epic Holiday Cheese Board, and I’m sharing the last recipe for the homemade items on the board. In my opinion, I’ve saved the best for last!
Last year, everyone went nuts over my Jalapeño Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball! So many of you said you made it for the holidays, and that your family and friends raved about it. So this year, I had to come back for round two with my Everything Cheddar Horseradish Cheese Ball.
You know my love for cheese balls right? They’re delicious, require only a handful of ingredients, and BEST PART….you can make it ahead of time so you have more time to concentrate on your guests, and perhaps kick back an extra cocktail in your spare time. They’re a TOTAL win-win for the holidays.
And today’s flavor is one of my faves. I mean, who doesn’t like everything seasoning? And the cheddar horseradish combo? Absolutely delectable and totally zesty!
So let’s get down to business. First, make your everything seasoning. My recipe for the seasoning will be more than you’ll need for the cheese ball, but just keep the extra in a small airtight container to coat your next cheese ball, sprinkle on veggies, or use for your next batch of homemade bagels. I toast my dried minced onion in the oven for just a few minutes, because I think it gives it more intense onion flavor, but that’s just me. Either way, toasted or not toasted works.
The cheese ball is a quick and easy mixture of sharp and extra-sharp cheddar cheeses, cream cheese, tangy sour cream, two tablespoons of prepared horseradish and spices. After chilling the mixture for a few hours or overnight in the refrigerator, you form it into a ball, and then roll the ball in some everything seasoning, coating generously.
I like to place the cheese ball right smack in the middle of the cheese board, surrounded by all the other goodies. The homemade items on the board are our Pear Cranberry Bourbon Chutney, the Cheddar Cheese Coins, and this fabulous Everything Cheddar Horseradish Cheese Ball.
In addition to these homemade items, let’s go over what else I’ve included on the board.
Sharp Cheddar Cheese (cut into slices)
Jalapeño Jack Cheese (cubed)
Olives (a variety of green and Kalamata)
Red Seedless Grapes
Assortment of Crackers (choose your favorites)
Grissini (bread sticks)
Baguette Bread (sliced and toasted)
Marcona Almonds (A MUST in my opinion!)
So many delicious choices and ALWAYS a winner with guests! Hope you all enjoy your very own EPIC Cheese Board this holiday season!
For Thirsty Thursday this week, I’ll be sharing an amazing fall cocktail that you’ll want to serve right alongside this EPIC Cheese Board! Don’t forget to stop by and check it out!
- Everything Seasoning:
- 2 Tbsp. dried minced onion
- 2 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp. poppy seeds
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp. coarse salt
- Cheese Ball:
- 1 8-oz. package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded sharp yellow cheddar cheddar
- 2 cups shredded extra sharp white cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp. prepared horseradish
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Everything Seasoning: Spread dried minced onion on a small baking sheet. Bake until lightly toasted and fragrant, about 4-5 minutes. Remove from oven. Let cool. Combine onions and remaining everything seasoning ingredients in a small bowl. Mix until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese and sour cream. Beat with an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth.
- Add shredded cheeses, horseradish, paprika, black pepper, garlic and onion powder and salt, and beat until well blended. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for a few hours to overnight.
- Remove from fridge and shape the mixture into a ball. Roll in some everything seasoning until generously coated, pressing the seasoning into the ball with your hands. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and chill until ready to serve. Serve with crackers and toasted baguette bread slices.