These Cheesy Bacon Jalapeño Taquitos are perfect for the big game! They’re always a fan favorite!
Less than one week to the Super Bowl my friends! You know it’s all about the food, right?!
I’m a big sports fan, and even more so as I get older. If you follow the blog, you know I get my love of sports from my mother. She’ll be 85 this year and she’s still all about sports. She carries a list wherever she goes that shows her favorite teams and what days and times they play. Whether it’s basketball, baseball or football, professional or college, she’s got herself covered so she never misses a game.
Mom has taught me that no game is complete without food to nibble on while you’re watching. It’s gotta be good and there’s gotta be plenty of it. You know, just in case the game goes into overtime!
So with the biggest game of the year just around the corner, I’ve been spending the last week or two ironing out the menu. Finger foods are always the most popular, so these Cheesy Bacon Jalapeño Taquitos are an absolute must and a total fan favorite.
They’re a delicious mixture of cream cheese, cheddar jack, bacon, jalapenos, some fresh cilantro and spices all rolled up in a flour tortilla then fried until golden brown. You can prepare the filling and roll up the taquitos a few hours before you plan on frying them. I cut each taquito in half and always serve alongside some salsa. If you plan on having a big crowd, I highly recommend doubling the recipe because they disappear quickly. Enjoy!
- 10 strips of bacon, diced
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar jack cheese
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup scallions, sliced
- 3 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 6 6 inch flour tortillas
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towel lined plate. Reserve drippings.
- In a large bowl, combine bacon, cream cheese, cheddar jack cheese, jalapeno, scallions, cilantro, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder, cayenne, salt and pepper until well blended.
- Spread an even amount (about 1/4 cup) on one side of each tortilla (as shown). Roll up tortillas tightly and fry in batches of 2 or 3 over medium heat, seam side down, in skillet with some of the reserved drippings until lightly browned and heated through, about 5-7 minutes. Slice each tortilla in half. Serve with salsa for dipping.