Happy Monday morning guys! After I wrecked everyone’s diet last week with those yummy Espresso Carmelitas, I was feeling a little guilty. I just couldn’t help myself though. I had to share them because they were so decadent and delicious and we all deserve a little treat every now and then right?! So to get myself out of the dog house, I decided to get us back on the healthy track with this mouth-watering Sweet n’ Spicy Salmon Sheet Pan Dinner!
Some of my favorite dishes are a combination of sweet and spicy, and this sheet pan dinner is at the top of my list. The salmon is coated with my homemade zesty Cajun spice blend and then brushed with a mixture of sweet orange marmalade and lime juice. It’s a winning combination! I initially saw a recipe for orange-glazed salmon in a Cuisine at Home magazine and thought it would be great to make it into an easy sheet pan dinner with some fresh vegetables for those busy weeknights when time is limited, but we all still want to sit down to a healthy, nutritious meal.
First, I tossed some fresh asparagus, grape tomatoes and baby fingerling potatoes with some olive oil and salt and pepper. Then, I put it all on a large sheet pan and topped it with the salmon coated with Cajun spices and brushed with the marmalade and lime juice mixture. Finally, I popped it into the oven to bake at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes until the salmon was easily flaked with a fork. That’s it folks! It’s one of the easiest weeknight dinners in our rotation, and not only is it lip-smackin’ delish, but it’s good for us too! Hope you all enjoy! Now you can have another espresso carmelita!
I’ll be down in sunny Florida this week visiting my mom, so I’ll be taking off this Thursday to spend some quality time with her. I’ll see you all back at the BHK next Monday. I hope you all have a wonderful week!
- 1 lb. small fingerling potatoes
- 1 lb. asparagus, rough ends trimmed
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- Cajun seasoning:
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless salmon fillets (6 oz. each)
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- lime slices for garnish (if desired)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Place potatoes, asparagus and grape tomatoes on a large rimmed sheet pan. Toss with olive oil and salt and pepper until well coated. Set aside.
- In a small shallow bowl combine brown sugar, paprika, thyme leaves, garlic powder, salt and pepper until well blended.
- Dip each salmon fillet in the Cajun spices until thoroughly coated. Place salmon fillets on top of the vegetables on the sheet pan.
- Blend the marmalade with the lime juice. Brush the mixture on top of each of the fillets.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork and the potatoes are fork tender.