Vanilla Bean Cheesecakes with Toasted Coconut Crusts Topped with Chocolate Ganache are decadently delicious and perfect for a special celebration!
Who’s up for Vanilla Bean Cheesecakes with Toasted Coconut Crusts Topped with Chocolate Ganache, and a Giveaway!?
Well friends, today is the big day. It’s The Beach House Kitchen’s first birthday! I must be totally honest with you, if you would have told me after the first few weeks of blogging that I would still be at it a year later, I would have told you that you were crazy. And frankly, that I was probably a little crazy too. (Ok, maybe a lotta crazy!) Don’t get me wrong, I am no stranger to hard work. I am a mother for goodness sake! But when I started this gig, I had no camera, no computer and no idea how to run a food blog. So with my Food Blogging for Dummies book in hand and my love for cooking in my heart, I set out to carve my little niche in this wonderful food blogging world!
To celebrate this special occasion, I decided I had to share a deliciously decadent dessert today on the blog. If you are a regular follower, you know I include all kinds of recipes here at the BHK, but I clearly have a soft spot for sweets!! I can thank my father for that. He was a lover of chocolate and all things sweet, and he passed that on to me. These Vanilla Bean Cheesecakes with Toasted Coconut Crust Topped with Chocolate Ganache will not disappoint.
First of all, they are mini, and we all know mini desserts are totally adorable! Secondly, it’s a vanilla bean cheesecake made with Rodelle Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Beans. These beans provide a rich aroma that take these rich, thick cheesecakes over the top! And the crust! It’s a deliciously buttery combo of graham crackers and toasted coconut chips which is totally irresistible in my book. And finally, it’s topped with chocolate ganache and some added toasted coconut chips! These would be perfect for your holiday dessert table!!
Since the holiday baking season is now upon us, I thought it would be the perfect time to do my first giveaway at the BHK. This giveaway is three-fold! First, I am giving away a $50 Amazon.com gift card! I am also sharing one of my new favorite cookie cookbooks, Cookie Love by Mindy Segal. This book is loaded with fabulous cookie recipes! Take it from me, you’re going to have a tough time choosing which recipe to make first! My friends at Rodelle have helped me with the third part of this giveaway by offering a set of Holiday Baking Essentials to make your holiday baked goods extra special. The set includes (1) One 2-count jar of Madagascar Vanilla Beans, (2) One 8-ounce container Baking Cocoa, (3) One 4-ounce bottle Organic Vanilla Extract and (4) One 2-ounce bottle Almond Extract. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
Don’t forget to scroll down past the recipe to check out the giveaway and see how you can enter to win! Good luck! Thanks so much for stopping by and helping me celebrate today! And thank you from the bottom of my heart for following The Beach House Kitchen!
Vanilla Bean Cheesecakes with Toasted Coconut Crust Topped with Chocolate GanachePrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut chips plus extra for garnish I use Dang Toasted Coconut Chips
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tsp. Rodelle vanilla extract
- 5 Tbsp. unsalted butter melted
- Cheesecake Filling:
- 16 oz. cream cheese
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 Rodelle vanilla bean seeds removed
- 1 tsp. Rodelle vanilla extract
- Chocolate Ganache:
- 8 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a food processor pulse toasted coconut chips until finely chopped.
- In a medium bowl, combine coconut, graham crackers, vanilla extract and melted butter.
- Mix together with a fork until incorporated.
- Press 1/4 cup crumbs into the bottom of each tin.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Add eggs and egg yolk, one at a time with the mixer running, scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition.
- Stir in flour, salt, vanilla bean seeds and vanilla extract until smooth and just combined.
- Pour filling into crusts, smooth tops and bake at 325 degrees for 20-25 minutes until centers have set.
- Cool to room temperature in cheesecake pan. Continue to chill in refrigerator for an hour.
- Once cooled remove from pan and place on serving platter.
- For the chocolate ganache: Cook the chocolate chips and heavy cream in the top of a double boiler over simmering water until melted and smooth, stirring often.
- Top each cheesecake with melted chocolate and sprinkle with toasted coconut chips if desired.
Special kitchen equipment: Norpro Small Cheesecake Pan
THE BEACH HOUSE KITCHEN FIRST BIRTHDAY GIVEAWAY is now over!
Congrats to Gerlinde, the lucky winner!!
PRIZE: $50 Amazon.com Gift Card
Copy of Cookie Love by Mindy Segal
Holiday Baking Essentials from Rodelle Kitchen which includes: Vanilla Beans, Baking Cocoa, Organic Vanilla Extract and Almond Extract
To enter the giveaway all you have to do is leave a comment below telling me what your favorite dessert is. That’s it! Good luck!
This giveaway is open to residents 18 years or older from the United States or Canada. One entry per person. This giveaway runs from 7 am November 17th through 7 am November 27th. One winner will be randomly selected and contacted with the email address provided when entering the giveaway. The winner will have 24 hours to respond to claim the prize and provide his/her mailing address. If winner does not respond a second winner will be randomly selected.
Disclosure: Part of this giveaway is sponsored by my friends at Rodelle. All opinions are my own.
Join the Conversation