This Spinach Artichoke Dip with Bacon is a crowd pleaser for game day or any day really! It comes together in a matter of minutes and it’s the perfect recipe to add to your holiday entertaining menu too!
Game days have been looking mighty fine at our house so far this season!
We enjoyed my Spicy Black Bean Turkey Chili last weekend along with this incredibly easy and delicious Spinach Artichoke Dip with Bacon and both were total crowd pleasers! It’s a hit with family and friends and a hit with me because it’s beyond easy to prepare. On game days I’m all about the game, so if I can prepare things ahead or make things that take minimal effort I’m all about it.
The Best Cheesy Game Day Dip
I’m always up for a quick and easy dip for my parties and I’ve been making this one for more years than I can count. I can never pass up anything with spinach and artichokes.
Spinach Artichoke Dip with Bacon Ingredients
- baby spinach
- jarred or canned artichokes
- cream cheese
- Italian seasoning
- kosher salt and pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- Italian cheese blend shredded cheese
Just sauté some shallots and garlic in a little butter, grab some fresh baby spinach leaves, a jar of artichoke hearts, cream cheese and mayo, some cheese, bacon and a few spices, mix everything together and you’re just 20-25 minutes away from a bubbly, cheesy dip I know you’re going to love.
I like to serve my dip with crackers, breadsticks, fresh veggies or even some slices of fresh baguette bread.
I hope you guys give the recipe a try for your next game day party and also keep it in mind for the upcoming holiday season. Enjoy!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Spinach Artichoke Dip with Bacon
To make things simple, I use the fresh bacon bits in the salad dressing aisle for this recipe. The brand I use is Hormel.
You can use fresh spinach leaves for this recipe or you could even use frozen chopped spinach. If you use frozen, just thaw the spinach and then squeeze to drain all the liquid from the spinach.
I used a jar of drained and chopped DeLallo Grilled Artichoke Hearts for this recipe.
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 8-oz. package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 12-oz. jar artichoke hearts, chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped bacon bits
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, Spray a small baking dish or pie plate with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a small skillet over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add the shallots and cook for 3-4 minutes until softened. Add the garlic, salt and pepper and continue to cook for one minute. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayo, chopped spinach and artichoke hearts, bacon, 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and shallot mixture. Stir until well combined. Spread mixture in the prepared dish. Sprinkle with the remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes until bubbly and lightly browned on top. Serve with crackers, fresh veggies, breadsticks or fresh baguette slices.