This Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpea Salad tossed in a tangy mustard vinaigrette is my new go-to salad! It’s so satisfying and simple to make!
I’m thinking after a nice long holiday weekend of overindulging, this healthy little number may be just the ticket!
So how was everyone’s 4th of July?! Did you enjoy the fireworks? Backyard BBQ? Pool party perhaps? Come on, fess up. Did you indulge in one hot dog or hamburger too many?? Did the stretchy pants have to make an appearance? Well, today I’ve got ya covered folks.
A few weeks ago, Tom and I were invited to our friends Kevin and Catherine’s to celebrate their daughter Evelyn’s birthday. I don’t think I’ve ever been invited to their home and haven’t been wowed by the meal they serve! Kevin is an expert sushi maker, chili maker, grillmaster and the list goes on. And Catherine always contributes something just as delicious to the menu! As a food blogger, you may think I always want to take the reigns in the kitchen, but getting invited somewhere and taking note of what other people serve is always a treat.
Catherine made this Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpea Salad for the party, and I have to say, it was love at first bite, so I knew I’d have to share the recipe with you guys. I don’t make cauliflower often enough at home because Tom and my boys are not fans. I however, am a HUGE fan, and the simplicity of this salad and the fabulous flavor make it a total winner in my book!
The recipe is as easy as roasting up the cauliflower that’s been tossed in a bit of olive oil and salt and pepper on a large sheet pan until nice and golden brown. Adding in one can of chickpeas and continuing to bake until they’re heated through, and then removing from the oven and tossing in a light and tangy mustard vinaigrette. It couldn’t get any easier. Just before serving, sprinkle with a bit of parsley and serve either warm or at room temperature and you’ve got a tasty little numba that will wow your guests and keep you out of those stretchy pants and in that stylish summer bikini all summer long… thanks to my good friend Catherine! Enjoy!
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 3-4 Tbsp. olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 15.5 oz. can chickpeas rinsed
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley finely chopped
- Mustard Vinaigrette:
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. whole grain mustard
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut head of cauliflower into somewhat evenly sized florets. Toss with 2-3 Tbsp. olive oil until well coated . Season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Roast, tossing occasionally to promote even browning, for 40 minutes
- Toss rinsed chickpeas with 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Add to pan and continue to roast for 5 minutes. Remove tray from oven and place in a large bowl. Toss with vinaigrette. Sprinkle with parsley. Enjoy warm or at room temperature.
- Mustard Vinaigrette: In small bowl, combine all vinaigrette ingredients. Whisk until well blended.