These Pistachio Chocolate Dipped Cardamom Spice Cookies are the perfect complement to your afternoon cup of tea or coffee! Indulge yourself, you serve it!
Hello friends! All end of summer Mondays should begin with cookies! Chocolate dipped cookies to be exact! You were thinking the same thing weren’t you? I knew I liked you guys!
Mondays are tough enough as it is, but Mondays at the end of summer…UGH! Just the thought of having to get back into the swing of things after relaxing and having fun all summer is rough. So to help us through this Monday, I thought I would treat us to some delicious Pistachio Chocolate Dipped Cardamom Spice Cookies. I know, the title’s a mouthful isn’t it? But it’s a delicious mouthful! So are you in? Good, because believe me I spent my weekend making these and eating them, and now I know I can face anything this Monday morning can throw at me!
I love the taste of the cardamom in these cookies. If you’ve never tried cardamom, it’s a common ingredient in Indian and Middle Eastern cooking and is also used quite often in baking in Sweden and Finland. It’s a member of the ginger family and it’s a slightly warm, sweet spice with hints of citrus and floral.
I decided to dip the cookies in chocolate and sprinkle them with some finely chopped pistachio for some added richness which proved to be dee-lish! This recipe makes about six dozen two-inch cut out cookies. I chocolate dipped some and left some plain. There’s no need to chill the dough either, so you can just whip it up and start rolling and cutting away.
So bring it on Monday! We’re not scared! We’ve got back up! Have a great week guys!
- 1 cup butter two sticks, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 egg room temperature
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp. Crisco shortening
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pistachios
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer until smooth.
- Add vanilla and egg and continue to beat until fluffy.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cardamom and cinnamon.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture.
- Divide the dough into small batches and roll out to 1/4 inch thickness onto a floured board and cut out desired shapes. I used a 2 inch cookie cutter (see photo)
- Bake at 350 degrees for 7-8 minutes, or until lightly browned around the edges.
- Cool on baking sheet, then remove to wire racks.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Place chocolate chips and shortening in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted and smooth.
- Dip half of each cookie into the chocolate and transfer to wax paper or parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with finely chopped pistachios and let set.