Why should the kids have all the fun?! These Piña Colada Popsicles are a special boozy summer treat for all the adults at your next summer soirée!
Today’s post is not a sponsored post. I just wanted to share my favorite summer Caribbean Rum with you guys, because it’s something I really enjoy and I think you will too. And when I had the chance to be a part of Popsicle Week, organized by Billy from Wit and Vinegar (thanks Billy!!), I wanted to share a boozy little treat that’s always a true hit with all the adults at the party.
One of my favorite summer cocktails has always been Malibu and pineapple juice. It just screams summah, and it’s incredibly refreshing! I mean who can resist the winning combo of sweet pineapple and tropical coconut? Surely not me! And clearly you all like it too! My recipe for Chocolate Dipped Pineapple Slices with Toasted Coconut from a Simple Saturday way back was a HUGE hit!
So turning my favorite cocktail into a popsicle seemed like a great idea! And dipping them in chocolate and sprinkling them with toasted coconut chips…even better!! These are perfect for the 4th! Enjoy!
P.S. Take a peek to the right → for some other yummy frozen treats that are perfect for keeping cool this summer!
Piña Colada PopsiclesPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2 cups fresh pineapple cubed
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup Malibu rum
- Chocolate Dip:
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- toasted coconut chips for garnish
- To a blender, add pineapple, coconut milk, sugar, and rum. Puree until smooth.
- Pour mixture into molds. Insert sticks. Freeze until solid, about 6 hours.
- For the chocolate dip: Combine the chocolate chips and oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 20 second intervals until melted and smooth. Cool slightly before dipping.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- To unmold the popsicles, run some hot water over the outsides of the molds, then pull to release the popsicles. Dip the top of each popsicle in melted chocolate and place on prepared sheet. Sprinkle with toasted coconut chips. Place tray in freezer until chocolate hardens.
- The amount of popsicles will depend on the size of your molds.
Join the Conversation