These simple Chocolate Dipped Pineapple Slices with Toasted Coconut are the perfect tropical treat!
Hello friends and welcome back to Simple Saturday at the BHK!
With Memorial Day just a little over a week away, it’s that time of year again to start gathering up some simple and delicious recipes for all those summer parties! Memorial Day, graduations, Father’s Day, the 4th of July…..summer seems to be one big par-tay! And I don’t know about you guys, but I also want to enjoy myself at all those parties, so the easier the recipes the better! Right?
Today’s recipe for Chocolate Dipped Pineapple Slices with Toasted Coconut could not be simpler! And honestly, who doesn’t like fruit dipped in chocolate?! I’m sharing this one because it may not be the first little dessert treat that comes to mind. You may think of cookies, brownies or other baked treats first, but this one is a total no-brainer AND no ovens needed!
Just purchase a fresh pineapple, peel it, core it and slice it up, dip it in chocolate and then sprinkle with some toasted coconut. BAM! Instant simple, delicious, delectable dessert! Get these on the summer menu folks and then just sit back and enjoy the party! Hope you all have a great weekend!
- 1 fresh pineapple peeled and cored
- 1 12 oz. bag Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Melting Wafers
- 1 cup coconut flakes toasted
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Slice pineapple into large circles. If desired, slice circles in half again.
- Place Ghirardelli Melting Wafers in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at half power or defrost setting for 30 seconds. Stir thoroughly. Continue to microwave in 15 second intervals and stir until smooth.
- Dip pieces of pineapple in melted chocolate and place on prepared tray.
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut.. Let fruit sit on tray until the chocolate hardens.