These Pecan Sandie Bars are the classic cookie in bar form! They’re buttery and rich and loaded with pecans.
Ok, I’m just gonna get it out there….when it comes to pecans I just can’t help myself! I admit it, I have a serious addiction! The smell of this classic nut toasting in my oven gets me every time. My love affair with pecans started my freshman year of college (Parents Weekend to be exact) when my good friend’s Dad (Mr. Haedrich you know who you are) talked me into trying my first ever piece of pecan pie topped with fresh whipped cream for dessert. I do have to say I was somewhat skeptical, but it was over at first bite…I was hooked!
Now that the cold days of winter are upon us these rich, buttery pecan sandie bars are the perfect companion for that nice steaming hot cup of coffee or tea that we will be needing. Toasting the pecans adds a whole nother level of flavor to these comforting cookies and adding the little drizzle of chocolate just seals the deal!
Don’t feel guilty about eating more than one in a sitting. Remember….pecans LOVE us and want us to be HAPPY!!!
Pecan Sandie BarsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2 cups sifted all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg separated
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toast 3/4 cup pecan halves for 6 minutes until fragrant. Let cool then finely chop.
- Cream butter and sugar. Add egg yolk and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, cinnamon and the cooled finely chopped pecans. Stir dry ingredients into the creamed mixture. Mix until well combined. Press into a greased 13x9 pan. Brush lightly with lightly beaten egg white. Coarsely chop remaining 1/2 cup pecans and sprinkle over top of bars.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to wire rack for 5 minutes to cool. After 5 minutes cut into 15 bars, but keep in pan. After bars have cooled remove from pan onto wire rack.
- Put chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave at 50% power for 1 minute. Stir, then continue to cook at 20 second intervals until chocolate is smooth. Drizzle chocolate over cooled bars. Bars can be stored in airtight container for several days.
Join the Conversation