This Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Brookie Tart is two delicious desserts in one! Decadent fudgy brownies topped with dollops of peanut butter chocolate chip cookie dough and baked to perfection.
Hey guys! Happy Monday! Did y’all have a nice weekend? I hope yours was better than mine. Mine involved lots of driving, a dog with a cracked, infected tooth and a very expensive vet bill! Wah-wah. Stressful situations call for one thing and one thing only in my book…chocolate. So it was this Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Brookie Tart to the rescue! It totally did the trick! Well, at least for me, but not for my poor dog Tucker!
So this is how it went down. Everything was fine and dandy one minute and the next minute, I look at our dog Tucker and he has a lump on the side of his face as big as an egg. Like what the? OMG! I was freaking out. He wasn’t whining, or crying, just looking at me with this big old lump on his face! I had no idea what happened. Tucker and I were visiting with my mom who is up from Florida for the summer, so we all hopped in the car to head home so I could get Tucker to the vet. The vet said he had a cracked tooth that was infected and would need to be pulled! Ugh! Poor Tuck! Of course the vet couldn’t pull it on Friday, so she sent us home with antibiotics and pain meds for the weekend for the poor little guy and told us to come back on Tuesday. So tomorrow’s the big day. Hope it goes by quickly and as painlessly as possible!
Now, back to the Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Brookie Tart. If you love brownies and love peanut butter cookies , you’re going to love this tart. And if you’ve never heard of a brookie, a brookie is a combination of a brownie and a cookie. And in this case it’s a decadently delicious fudgy brownie and a peanut butter cookie studded with chocolate chips in tart form. You can also use a 10 inch pie plate if you don’t have a tart pan. Just whip up the brownie batter and pour it into the tart pan and top with dollops of the peanut butter chocolate chip cookie dough and bake. This tart does double duty. It’ll satisfy your brownie and cookie cravings in one! It’s a win-win my friends. Hope you enjoy. Have a wonderful week!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Brookie TartPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- Brownie Batter:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Peanut Butter Cookie Dough:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter room temperature
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar firmly packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 10 inch tart pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Make brownie batter: In a small bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream butter and sugar together until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Slowly add the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Do not over mix. Pour the brownie batter into the prepared tart pan.
- Make the peanut butter chocolate chip cookie dough: In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Add the egg and the vanilla and continue to mix until well combined.
- Slowly add the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Place dollops of the cookie dough on top of the brownie batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Do not over bake. Remove from oven to wire rack to cool. When cool remove from tart pan to platter. Cut into wedges and serve.
Join the Conversation