These Peachy Quinoa Breakfast Bowls are so easy to whip up, sweet and summery and totally satisfying!
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Diamond of California Nuts. As always, all opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make The Beach House Kitchen possible.
Say hello to one of my favorite summer breakfasts folks.
I’m sure you guys are all familiar with quinoa. But for breakfast?
I know. Sounds a bit off the beaten path for breakfast, am I right?
It’s hearty and satisfying and keeps me from unnecessary snacking which is important to me.
And to make these breakfast bowls extra delicious, I called in my good friends from Diamond of CA Nuts.
Their Heirloom Nut and Fruit Blend was the perfect topping for these delicious little breakfast bowls.
They’ve got three fantastic blends; pecan, walnut and marcona almond. I chose the pecan which is a blend of pecans, dried honeycrisp apples and dried peaches.
Diamond’s blends are also the perfect little addition to top off your morning yogurt or even straight out of the bag for your afternoon snack.
These tasty creations are a much healthier option to traditional trail mixes. They’re vegan-friendly, flavor-packed and use only premium dried fruits and specialty nuts.
To whip these beauties up, I cook the quinoa in a mixture of milk, peach nectar and cinnamon which gives it a warm, creamy, peachy flavor. Then I add some brown sugar for sweetness, fresh chopped peaches, because, hello, summer peaches are to die for, then top it all off with some of Diamond’s nut and fruit blend and a drizzle of honey and….breakfast is served. Enjoy!
A Few Cook’s Notes for Peachy Quinoa Breakfast Bowls Recipe:
I enjoy these bowls with warm quinoa, but they can also be enjoyed cold.
You can find canned peach nectar at your local food market in the international section.
- 1 9.6-oz. can Peach nectar
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups fresh peaches, chopped
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 bag Diamond of CA Heirloon Nut and Fruit Pecan Blend
- Sweetened Coconut, toasted, for sprinkling, if desired
- Honey, for drizzling, if desired
- Add peach nectar, milk, cinnamon and rinsed quinoa to a large saucepan, bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium low and simmer until water is absorbed, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in 1 cup of the peaches and the brown sugar. Place desired servings in bowls. Top with remaining peaches, a sprinkling of nut and fruit blend, toasted coconut and a drizzle of honey.