These Marsala Mushrooms are succulent and savory and couldn’t be simpler! Perfect with burgers, chicken, omelettes or even served as a side dish.
Hellllloooo friends and welcome back to Simple Saturday! I’m keeping it so totally simple today because if there’s any time we need simple it’s during the summer! And right about now that’s all my brain can handle because I’m in summer chill mode. So today we’re doin’ some marvelous, succulent Marsala Mushrooms.
These babies get a double thumbs up from my husband Tom! A shocker I know, because it’s a vegetable, but mushrooms happen to be Tom’s favorite! And add Marsala wine and he may love them even more than he loves me! We enjoy these on top of our grilled burgers, grilled chicken, in our grilled cheese sandwiches and even in our omelettes. And sometimes just right out of the bowl as a side. I guarantee you’ll be giving them the double thumbs up too! Enjoy and Happy Weekend guys!
Marsala MushroomsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 8 oz. container white button mushrooms sliced
- 1 8 oz. container baby bella mushrooms sliced
- 3 Tbsp. butter separated
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 cup Marsala wine
- dried parsley for sprinkling on top
- Heat 1 Tbsp. butter in a large saute pan over medium high heat. Add both kinds of mushrooms and cook, stirring often until you see the mushrooms begin to release their moisture.
- Add the garlic , thyme, salt and pepper and continue to cook until most of the water evaporates.
- Add the remaining 2 Tbsp. butter and continue to cook for 3-4 minutes until mushrooms are nicely browned.
- Add the Marsala wine and increase the heat to high and bring to a boil. Continue to boil until the Marsala has cooked down. Remove from heat.
- Place in bowl and sprinkle with some dried parsley.
- Serve immediately.
Join the Conversation