Dark and chocolatey, these Hot Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies are the classic winter beverage cookie style!
It’s the most wonderful time of the year!!
And with that being said, all I’m gonna add is that January is going to be a long, tough month at the gym! Total bummer, but totally worth every last calorie!
I’ve been baking cookies nonstop for months. Old favorites, new favorites, ALL kinds. And I’ve been enjoying each and every moment of it!
Consider yourself warned, the next two weeks will be filled with cookies here at the BHK. Perfect for indulging in yourself, or better yet, gifting to friends and family. Because really, isn’t that what the holidays are all about?
I first made these Hot Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies way back in July, and I’ve been sitting on the recipe ever since. Sorry for holding out on you guys, but I was enjoying one of my favorite summertime ice cream flavors at the beach, chocolate marshmallow, and thought, why not make it into a cozy cookie for the holidays?!
These rich and chocolatey cookies studded with gooey marshmallows on top are a new favorite on this year’s cookie list. They’ve got a combo of bittersweet chocolate and dark chocolate cocoa powder. I highly recommend using the dark cocoa powder to give these cookies that intense chocolate flavor, but regular cocoa powder will definitely work too. Just whip up the dough, chill a bit so it’s easier to roll into balls, smush a few marshmallows on top and bake away!
I’m sharing these yummy cookies as part of a spectacular cookie exchange with some of my favorite fellow bloggers! Check out all the tasty links below! You can also follow along on all social media with the hashtag #VirtualCookieExchange. We’ve got your holiday cookie baking covered! Enjoy!
Virtual Cookie Exchange Bakers
What Should I Make For · Ugly Sweater Gingerbread Cookies
The Sweet Nerd · Gingerbread Cookies – All Spruced Up
Girl Heart Food · Orange Poppy Seed Shortbread Cookies
Beyond Mere Sustenance · Brandy-Spiked Mexican Hot Chocolate
Seasons & Suppers · Lemon Pistachio Shortbread Cookies
Ciao Chow Bambina · Lemon Drop Italian Cookies
Contemplating Sweets · Hedgehog Cookies
The Busy Spatula · S’mores Cookies
Salt & Lavender · Vegan Gingerbread Cookie Bars
- 4 oz. bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Place the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl mix together oil, sugar, eggs. Beat until fluffy. Stir in vanilla and melted chocolate, and mix to combine.
- Add the flour mixture all at once, and mix until just combined. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm enough to roll into balls, at least one hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two large large baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Scoop heaping tablespoonfuls of dough and roll into balls.Place on prepared sheets spacing 2 inches apart. Top each ball of dough with about 6-8 marshmallows, pressing down the dough with the marshmallows to flatten. Bake 11-12 minutes until set, rotating the sheets halfway through. Let cookies cool on tray for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough.